Author Topic: ...ooooh mama!!  (Read 2129 times)

Offline aptfive

• www.aptfive.com
...ooooh mama!!
« on: March 09, 2008, 09:35:43 PM »
...my second spring offering ..slice anyone???

Offline MTPIZZA

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
Re: ...ooooh mama!!
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2008, 09:08:40 AM »
I agree ooooh mama... would you care to share your technique? What oven are you using and how do you work it to bake your pies.. I see you also are using a pan with holes for browning...please do tell!! thanks

Offline aptfive

• www.aptfive.com
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2008, 10:55:53 AM »
...i'm using a newer GE oven to bake my pies ..it tops off close to 600 degrees if run for over an hour ..thats good enough heat for me ..i use a very nice Fibrament-D artisan bread making stone (19" round) ..positioned on the lowest level of the oven ..the screen with the holes is American Metal Craft's "Mega" pizza screen ..i like to bake on the screen 3/4 of the way ..and when the pie is ready to slide off ..i finish baking right on the stone for a final minute or two ..i prefer a well done pizza

Offline MTPIZZA

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2008, 12:36:19 PM »
Thanks Aptfive...I thought that oven in the background was new- with better features than older ovens.. I wonder if the manufacturers would take pizza making into consideration and have a "pizza" temp setting that one could bake a nice pie --say around 650 to 700 degrees... maybe there is one out there.
Your settings do go higher than a normal oven at 550 degrees...
thanks for sharing

Offline asheborobluecomets

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2008, 01:05:30 PM »
aptfive, where did you get your 19 inch stone at? Mine just cracked after 15 years.

Offline aptfive

• www.aptfive.com
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2008, 01:59:02 PM »
..purchased the 19" stone from www.bakingstone.com (Fibrament-D) ..it was $54.00