Author Topic: does anyone have liquor license?  (Read 2547 times)

Offline big joe pizza 726

does anyone have liquor license?
« on: March 12, 2008, 04:41:53 PM »
im opening a 3,000 sq ft pizza/bar i have the pizza figures in sales but does anyone know how much i would expect in sales the bar would bring in?bar is 1500sq ft.3 kegs on tap package goods.im told this is a very good set up having a pizza place with a bar.any comments on what you guys think or anyone with this type of place would be great.

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Re: does anyone have liquor license?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 05:41:11 PM »
big joe pizza 726,

In parallel with your question here, you may want to register and post your question at the PMQ Think Tank forum at http://thinktank.pmq.com/viewforum.php?f=6. That is a forum frequented by pizza operators, some of whom sell beer as well as pizza.

Peter

Offline fazzari

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 07:18:56 PM »
So, is the plans for your business to be a bar that sells pizza, or a restaurant that offers beer?  The answer to the question will determine how much alcohol you will sell.  I own a pizza restaurant which offers beer and wine, and typically alcohol sales account for 5 to 7 percent of sales.  So, I believe the answer lies in how you position yourself...best of luck, it is great fun!!!!

John

Offline wildfire

• Food Service Warehouse
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2008, 02:53:24 PM »
I think that the % of alcohol sales to expect probably has quite a bit to do with your location as well.  (Though 5-7% sounds about right for an actual pizza place that happens to serve alcohol...) I am in the odd position of owning the bar and the pizza place.  They are in the same building, but we seperate the rooms by a partial wall and then have a curtain where the opening is.  People can order pizza in the bar if they want and people at the pizza place can get alcohol from the bar (we have wonderful servers, thank goodness).  Anyway, our unusual set up makes it difficult to tell you what standard is. (We are also smack in the middle of the "bar" area of a biggish city).

pizzapan