Author Topic: Pizzeria Seven Twelve. Orem, UT.  (Read 1702 times)

Offline robert40

• I Love Pizza!
Pizzeria Seven Twelve. Orem, UT.
« on: March 12, 2008, 02:49:52 PM »
I have not been. But read a fantastic review this morning in a local Salt Lake City paper. Also after searching a bit I found this interesting blog by the owners detailing their opening from start to finish.Thought I would pass it on.

http://www.sltrib.com/portal/food/ci_8539967?_loopback=1

http://www.pizzeria712.com/

http://www.pizzeria712.blogspot.com/

Offline abatardi

• It's MOOPS!
Re: Pizzeria Seven Twelve. Orem, UT.
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 01:02:23 AM »
I drove to this place this weekend.  It was Saturday a little after noon when we got there, and we had to wait about 35 minutes for a table.  The condo/storefront complex they are in is empty and still under construction (they are the only business in there that I saw) so I suspect once it completes construction they will be very busy indeed.  If you have read their blog they said they already hear far too often people asking them when they are going to expand (answer: never).  While we were waiting for a seat, a couple beside us was complaining [bitching] about why they wouldn't just 'open another location already'... sigh. 

The pizza was pretty good.  They use a Mugnaini oven and the toppings are of high quality.  The bake time seemed quite long, perhaps longer than 5 minutes (although I didn't time one).  It had a little charring on top, but the bottom was basically white.  Their oven deck had most likely cooled down significantly during the lunch rush.  The crust was a bit too chewy for me and was a little gummy (probably the cool deck).. They were almost certainly using a hi-gluten flour and used a hobart mixer (visible from the dining area).  The sauce tasted like 6-in-1s with some added spices (later confirmed correct by an empty box of Escalon 6-in-1s we saw outside while returning to our car).  It had quite a bit on it (maybe a bit too much for me, but my wife liked it). 

I would recommend it, but at the same time say if you are in the Provo/Salt Lake area and only have time to hit up one place, then go to Settebello. 

- aba
Make me a bicycle CLOWN!

Offline robert40

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 08:55:58 AM »
abatardi,

Thanks for taking one for the team. The lack of charring was disappointing to see, but as you said likely due to oven cool down.
If I'm in the area I will for sure give it a try. But I doubt I'll jump in the car and drive 2500 miles like I did last year to visit Pizzeria Bianco. :-D

Offline abatardi

• It's MOOPS!
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 07:32:36 PM »
No, not worth a 2500 mile drive... Few things are (Bianco being one of the few).  :-)

- aba
Make me a bicycle CLOWN!

pizzapan