Author Topic: Off the Menu  (Read 868 times)

Offline TronCarter

Off the Menu
« on: March 22, 2008, 05:37:39 PM »
I used to work at Little Caesars about 18 years ago and after a while became tired of the normal menu items.  It was at that point that I began to experiment with the ingredients I had on hand at making something that was not on the menu.  I would like to hear from others as to what they used to make that was not on the menu at any food service job they ever had.  I will start with one of my favorite, not crazy bread, but "insane bread".

Take one pan dough (in the pan) and slice it the best you can into strips with a dough cutter.   Coat the top lightly with crazy bread butter, 1/2 a salt packet, 2 pepper packets, and 1/2 to one red pepper flake packets (optionally add green olives and press slightly into dough).  Bake it almost as long as regular pizza.  Pop out of pan and cover to taste with parm cheese / kosher salt mix used for crazy bread.  Dip into either crazy sauce, blue cheese, or ranch dressing.  I got strange looks the first time I made it, and within a week I had several people asking me to make it for them.

What did you make?

Tron

pizzapan