Author Topic: B B Q Grilled Pizza  (Read 1992 times)

Teamsobaco

B B Q Grilled Pizza
« on: November 03, 2004, 08:57:19 PM »
I am looking for a recipe on how to make BBQ Grilled Pizza. Can anyone help me with a Dough recipe.

Offline jennleee

Re:B B Q Grilled Pizza
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2004, 09:12:37 PM »
I always make my pizzas on the grill. I use a pizza stone on top of the grill-grate, but you can also put the dough directly on the grate if you want to.  The heat will firm up the dough fast enough that it won't fall through.

The NY style dough recipe on this site looks very similar to the recipe I use, so I think it should work out fine.  If you use a stone just top the pizza and proceed as usual.  If you put it right on the grate you'll need to follow a different procedure. Stretch the dough and place it directly on the grate, wait approx 3 minutes for it to firm up enough to flip it over with tongs.  Once you've flipped then you can sauce and top it right on the grill.  Close the lid and wait till the cheese melts and gets a bit bubbly or even lightly browned.

Either way, make sure your grill is pre-heated and is going at full power so that it is hot enough to give you a delicious crispy crust.

Hope this helps.

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Re:B B Q Grilled Pizza
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2004, 09:47:15 PM »
Teamsobaco,

Welcome to the forum.

In addition to what jennleee recommends, you may also want to take a look at the postings on this topic at http://www.pizzamaking.com/yabbse/index.php?board=5;action=display;threadid=556;start=msg5127#msg5127.  I also suggest that you do a search at this site using the term "grill".  You should end up with a fair amount of useful information.

Peter