Author Topic: 6 in 1 All Purpose Tomatoes  (Read 6610 times)

Offline zalicious

6 in 1 All Purpose Tomatoes
« on: March 29, 2008, 01:39:32 PM »
Is the 6lb.9oz can a #10 can? Also, would this be the size can referred to on the Encyclopizza site in regards to their sauce recipes?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2008, 02:14:36 PM by zalicious »

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Re: 6 in 1 All Purpose Tomatoes
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2008, 02:02:26 PM »
zalicious,

If you mean the sauce recipes at http://www.correllconcepts.com/Encyclopizza/08_Sauce/08_sauce.htm#_Toc533730584, the answer is yes.

Peter

EDIT (2/1/2013): For an alternative Correll link, see http://web.archive.org/web/20040606225828/http://correllconcepts.com/Encyclopizza/08_Sauce/08_sauce.htm
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 12:54:14 PM by Pete-zza »

Offline zalicious

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2008, 02:17:07 PM »
Yes, that was what I was referring to. Duh! I missed the part where he stated the cans were 6lb. 10oz. Thanks! :)

Offline thatonegirl

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2008, 09:30:59 PM »
There's so much talk about these 6-in-1 tomatoes that are great on pizzas - where can one find these?? Any grocery chains carry them that anybody knows of? Or do you have to order them?
Thanks!

Offline Pizza_Not_War

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2008, 09:16:03 AM »
There's so much talk about these 6-in-1 tomatoes that are great on pizzas - where can one find these?? Any grocery chains carry them that anybody knows of? Or do you have to order them?
Thanks!
Try sending an email to norman.albert@us.hjheinz.com and ask. I ordered direct from escalon website. You can also ask your local supermarket to order it for you. Most supermarkets order Heinz products.

PNW

Offline MTPIZZA

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2008, 04:36:16 PM »
If I may interject here, I gave up on 6 to 1 and found a brand called Vita Sana Organic whole peeled tomatoes... WOW is all I can say! Like it came out of your garden...every can so far... My wife buys them at Whole Foods. You won't use anything else after these trust me!! :P

Offline thatonegirl

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2008, 12:09:38 PM »
Try sending an email to norman.albert@us.hjheinz.com and ask. I ordered direct from escalon website. You can also ask your local supermarket to order it for you. Most supermarkets order Heinz products.

PNW

So the 6-in-1's are a Heinz product? And is that what it actually says on the label - "6-in-1"? What kind of tomatoes are they exactly?

Offline thatonegirl

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2008, 12:11:22 PM »
If I may interject here, I gave up on 6 to 1 and found a brand called Vita Sana Organic whole peeled tomatoes... WOW is all I can say! Like it came out of your garden...every can so far... My wife buys them at Whole Foods. You won't use anything else after these trust me!! :P

Thanks MTPIZZA! Boise will have a Whole Foods within the next year or so. I will keep my eyes open for these when Whole Foods appears!  :D

Offline Pizza_Not_War

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2008, 06:21:22 PM »
So the 6-in-1's are a Heinz product? And is that what it actually says on the label - "6-in-1"? What kind of tomatoes are they exactly?

http://www.escalon.net/about_us.aspx has all the information:

Our original, multi-purpose tomato product, 6 IN 1 uses only the highest quality vine-ripened tomatoes, hand-selected and processed within hours of harvest, with no added citric acid  or preservatives.

Offline Z

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2008, 02:44:12 PM »
Thanks!

I have ordered directly from Escalon with great results- transit time was fast and shipping cost low.  I did, however, find the 6-in-1 tomatoes at a Whole Foods that recently opened in my area.  (That would be the Reno area.)

Offline Engineered Ceramics

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2008, 01:42:49 PM »
Thanks!

I had a very short quest to find 6-in-1, It started at noon, and ended by 12:30. I found my local grocery store, Dominick's carries them.

http://www.dominicks.com/ lets you find the closest one.

You also asked what the can looks like, so I thought I'd post some pics.  Hope they taste as good as everyone says.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 01:46:33 PM by Engineered Ceramics »

Offline bruhe

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2009, 11:11:36 PM »
Just today I stood at the local Dominick's looking for this elusive treasure- I didn't see them among the usual suspects and then I turned around to the other side of the aisle. The heavens parted, a chorus of angels sang, and now I have all these cans and I'm wondering where I start!

pizzapan