Author Topic: Pizza quality flour in the Seattle area  (Read 1668 times)

Offline Catnapped

Pizza quality flour in the Seattle area
« on: November 17, 2007, 09:04:11 PM »
Hi folks, I'm new to the board.  Before I start pestering local shop owners, anyone point me at a source for high protein flour in the greater Seattle area?  Whole Foods carries various flavors of King Arthur, but I'd like to experiment with some other types.  I think I've gone about as far as I can go with supermarket flour.  I learned the craft from working in a pizzeria in New York many years ago, and the dough I'm making just doesn't have the same feel as what I was used to.

I searched this forum for "Seattle" and came up blank, so if this has been discussed before, I'd appreciate a link to the discussion.

Thanks in advance.

-Rob

Offline AKSteve

• Lifetime Member
  • We are all made from the same dough.
Re: Pizza quality flour in the Seattle area
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2007, 02:03:52 AM »
You might want to try Merlino Foods to see if they sell directly to the public. I know they carry many italian items, like imported buffala mozza, Caputo flour, etc., but I'm not sure if they carry any high gluten flours. I used to have a list of their products, but I can't seem to find it at the moment.

Steve

Offline 12gauge

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2008, 05:50:28 PM »
Did you find out if merlino sells to the public ?  because i want to get some caputo flour as well?

(EDIT - went to merlino & bought flour & their tomatoes, so they do sell to the public, you just need to call your order in ahead of time & go to will call)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2008, 09:07:03 PM by 12gauge »

Offline Momo

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2008, 03:16:37 PM »
Hi guys... 12guage is correct.  I bought a 25 kilo bag of Caputo 00 flour last year for somewhere around $35.00.  They made it so simple for me... I just called them that morning and picked it up at will-call by 12:00.  Be sure and check out their online PDF catalog for more stuff.   :chef: