Author Topic: Chigago style deep dish video  (Read 2305 times)

Offline BTB

Re: Chigago style deep dish video
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 09:38:15 AM »
I'm sorry, that has got to be one of the dumbest videos I've ever seen.  I was turned off in just a few seconds.  I love good Chicago style deep dish, but I have no interest at all in that kind of stuff displayed in that video.

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008, 09:50:20 AM »
I actually enjoy jb's videos and his folksy way of presenting his work. There were a couple of new things that I took away from the videos: the use of fresh tomatoes, and the ease of release of the finished pie from the cast iron skillet. One of our members, DaveH, recently was looking for a way to get an easy release of his deep-dish pies. It occurred to me that using a cast iron skillet, as jb did, may be such a way. Most such skillets tend to have sloping sides, which should make the release easier. According to the YouTube site, it looks like jb has now posted close to 300 videos on YouTube.

Peter
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 09:52:39 AM by Pete-zza »

Offline sourdough girl

• First the bread, NOW the pizza dough!
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2008, 03:31:28 PM »
I've watched many of jb's videos and he always gets a chuckle out of me!  I've even tried his recipes... the bbq shrimp cooked in the oven was a knockout!

From a food service background standpoint, I was kinda bugged by him brushing his hair in the kitchen, but I wasn't invited for dinner, so no harm!  Just don't try this at home with guests over!   ;)

~sd

Never trust a skinny cook!