Author Topic: "pizza bread"  (Read 3412 times)

Offline mama mia

• I'm a llama!
"pizza bread"
« on: September 14, 2004, 10:25:06 AM »
hey everyone... I found this recipe today on a recipe site, and wanted to share.. it looks very simple and good, but are there any changes anyone would make to improve this?  I want to add cheese.

---------------------
"pizza bread"

(http://www.italianfoodforever.com/images/pizza/pizzabread.jpg)

1 Pkg. Active Dry Yeast

3/4 Cup Warm Water

3 Cups All-purpose, Unbleached Flour

1 Teaspoon Salt

6 Tablesoons Olive Oil

2 Cups Canned Chopped Tomatoes

6 Large Fresh Basil Leaves

2 Cloves Garlic, Minced

Coarse Salt

-Dissolve the yeast in 1/2 cup of the warm water, and let sit 10 minutes until bubbly. In a large bowl, combine the flour, teaspoon of salt, yeast mixture and remaining water. Mix thoroughly with a wooden spoon and then your hands. Transfer to a floured work surface and knead by hand for a few minutes or until smooth. Place in a well oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and let rise until doubled, about 1 1/2 hours.

-Punch down and place on an oiled 9 inch cake pan. Drain the chopped tomatoes in a strainer to remove some of the juice. Spread the tomatoes across the surface of the focaccia, then sprinkle with the garlic and shredded basil leaves. Dimple the top surface with your finger tips, and then drizzle with the oil and sprinkle with coarse salt.

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Bake about 20 minutes or until golden. Serve warm or at room temperature
« Last Edit: September 14, 2004, 10:36:29 AM by mama mia »

Offline Foccaciaman

• ou812
Re:"pizza bread"
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2004, 03:07:15 PM »
Looks like the personal pan pizza from Pizza Hut. ;)

Send the idea to Pizza Hut Corporate Headquarters and ask for the Pizza Breadsticks Seasoning recipe in return. ;Dhahahahahhahaha

« Last Edit: September 14, 2004, 03:07:48 PM by Foccaciaman »
Ahhh, Pizza The Fifth Food Group

Offline mama mia

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2004, 04:19:13 PM »
speaking about that Breadsticks Seasoning.. wasn't somebody going to give up the info on that??!!

Offline Pierre

• Someone say "PIZZA !!"?
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2004, 02:30:15 PM »
speaking about that Breadsticks Seasoning.. wasn't somebody going to give up the info on that??!!

you're right mama mia.... someone who is working at Pizza Hut wanted to read the ingredients list when they are alone in the stock room. He or she hasn't reported back yet. I can't find the thread anymore.....

Pierre

P.S. Chaos has broken out by us here.... our apartment looks like a mixture between a construction site and a teenage communion with no order at all.  :'(

The drying company was here yesterday and set up a condensor dryer. Loud monster runs all day and night >:(

It's still nothing though compared with the poor souls in Florida who are being hit with one huricane after another...

Offline Foccaciaman

• ou812
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2004, 02:57:52 PM »
I am really sorry to hear of the chaos in your house Pierre. I hope that you did not lose anything of sentimental value in the flood. Was there any damage to the person living under you??

I was going to say this the other day but I had to run.

A few years ago, when my mother was still driving to Florida for vacation during the winter she would leave me to watch over her house.
This was no problem since I only lived a couple miles away. So periodically I would stop by and make sure that the heat was warm enough to keep the water pipes from freezing. I would run the water on all faucets flush the toilets and check the windows.
Well, about 3 days before she was coming home in March (it was a very cold March) I stopped by to turn up the heat to something reasonable so it would be warm for her when she arrived. I had not been there in about two weeks.
When I opened the back door to her house (which also looks directly down  the basement stairs) I saw what appeared to be something shiny on the basement floor. And I also heard that sound, you know the one that you heard. The sound of a waterfall coming from somewhere in the house.
When I turned on the light I saw what had been shimmering on the floor it was a sterling silver serving platter floating across the basement.
You can imagine my suprise to find about 5 inches of water covering the basement of the house I grew up in. Tens of thousands of dollars in damage, memories stored, now lost and soggy.  Original albums from  Elvis to the Beatles White Album destroyed. Big screen TV, Stereo, couches etc.

OOOOOOFFF, I thought.   :o

But as usual my mother, cool as a cucumber when she got home took it all in stride and shed not one tear. She just laughed and laughed. Hard old woman that one is. But she has turned me into someone who gets calmer under pressure and laughs at tragedy.  ;D
I think that I was more bummed out at the loss of many of my childhood memories.  So I sincerely hope you lost none of yours.
I hope the clean-up goes quickly.

Sincerely
JWBingen

Offline Foccaciaman

• ou812
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2004, 03:02:18 PM »
Breadsticks Seasoning...

I almost forgot, I just ran into a buddy of mine the other day at the gas station. I see him all the time and have never thought to ask him (he has worked at Pizza Hut for about 15 years)
When my mind made the connection with getting the seasoning recipe (about 20 minutes after I saw him) I realized that I should just get it from him.

So keep holding your breath, I will see if I can get the mystery seasoning. ;D

Offline DKM

• Lifetime Member
  • Chicago - Now that's Pizza!
    • The Emperor.net
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2004, 03:19:49 PM »
It will probably be something simple.......

DKM
« Last Edit: September 16, 2004, 02:09:07 PM by DKM »
I'm on too many of these boards

Offline DKM

• Lifetime Member
  • Chicago - Now that's Pizza!
    • The Emperor.net
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2004, 03:20:19 PM »
BTW that bread looks GOOD  :D
I'm on too many of these boards