Author Topic: quick easy  (Read 1566 times)

Offline 20fan

quick easy
« on: April 14, 2008, 09:24:43 AM »
good idea, just ran across this site ... this has probably been posted already somewhere, but i don't have time to check ... although this appears to be a true pizza lovers site i thought you would appreciate this ...

Package of flat breadlike pre-made bread (pita? or some other flat bread?) also can just use the ones that come 2 in a package or 3 in a package for the mini's

anyway ...
take any sauce and spread thinly up to an inch from the edge
sprinkle mozzarella LIGHTLY as a sort of glue ... keep all toppings an inch from the edge
toppings, whatever keep them light ...
then top it with a normal amt of shredded cheese, lightly covering the toppings but not burying them

preheat oven to 450
put generous oil on bottom of pan, not butter or anything just oil, or olive oil enough to cover the bottom of pizza pan,
***variation, use a larger cast iron skillet and bake it the same way, makes a b beautiful crust

bake for about 8 to 12 min until you think it's done

total time is about 15 min from scratch, by the time you set the pizza bread/doe on a plate or whatever, open a can of sauce, (spaghetti sauce, pizza sauce, tomato sauce -not paste works fine) two bags of shredded cheese one mozzarella, and the other whatever, and deal pepperonis or whatever other topping, slice up a few tomatoes, fry up some sausage etc the possibilities are truly endless from a very very simple recipe, use small pizza's for kids, quick meal in minutes ... i have made pizza's for several restaurants, (name brand chains i can't mention) and have made dozens of different dough recipes from mix or from scratch either way, but in the end, it's the way you make it, sauce and particular order of how you compile it that makes the difference.  I never realized a simple thing could be so unlimited.  **yeah OK nothing beats a homebrewed pie but hey, in the end you still have that melted cheese and toppings so really it's a pretty good idea!!**

Here is a good place to start. i couldn't think of the bread to use but it's **well screw that i guess i can't post a hyperlink, i run my own forum but i can't paste a link, last time i go here** it's called boboli - at boboli dot com  >:( or there are lots of ones that are just like it.  It is made to use for pizzas.

Offline Bill/SFNM

• Lifetime Member
Re: quick easy
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 12:12:35 PM »
**well screw that i guess i can't post a hyperlink, i run my own forum but i can't paste a link, last time i go here**
This forum permits links to included only after 5 posts. This policy has virtually eliminated spamming here. 

Offline 20fan

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2008, 12:24:35 PM »
This forum permits links to included only after 5 posts. This policy has virtually eliminated spamming here. 
:angel: i suppose this is where i apologize, etc etc ... and of course  ::) wouldn't you know it, it looks like a very good idea, as my forum get hit hundreds of times ... so thank you for your reply  ;D

*suggestion though, you should see if the text is editable to read, something to say after 5 posts, so hotheads like my self ... well ok you probably have already heard this a hundred times, so again thanks and i do think i will see if i can implement this in my forums

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2008, 01:46:15 PM »
20fan,

If you are a Boboli fan, you might take a look at this thread: http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,2841.msg24467.html#msg24467. I haven't looked recently to see if Boboli has changed its dough ingredients, but the above thread will give you a rough idea as to what is involved in making such a product. Here is the link to the Boboli website: http://boboli.gwbakeries.com/subcat.cfm/catId/6/subcatId/0.

Peter

Offline pizzagrande

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2008, 02:53:34 PM »
I use to ues Bobli years ago when i didnt have time to make my own, for a package item it sure beats
the #$%& out of most frozen pizzas with the exception of Di Giorno. JMO

Offline 20fan

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2008, 04:17:13 PM »
I use to ues Bobli years ago when i didnt have time to make my own, for a package item it sure beats
the #$%& out of most frozen pizzas with the exception of Di Giorno. JMO

true true, and the kids love em cause i don't think i have ever made the same one twice and they are quite sure that the next one is better than the last one ...