Author Topic: I Need Some Advice Please...  (Read 1678 times)

Offline jhand

I Need Some Advice Please...
« on: April 16, 2008, 11:07:42 PM »
Hello all:

I am building an outdoor kitchen and really want to have a pizza oven.  I really like the look of the FORNO Bravo Artigiano (attached) however--I have two questions:  can I utilize natural gas to get the oven temp up faster and therefore use less wood?; and secondly, I was going to install and outdoor fireplace as well--probably from FORNO as well--but do I really need one?  I seems to me that the pizza oven is going to be putting out some heat--and why put a fireplace out there to compete with the oven?

Does this make sense?

Thank you all for you advice,

J. Hand

Offline dmun

• I Love Pizza!
Re: I Need Some Advice Please...
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2008, 08:10:51 AM »
Installing a gas burner in a home oven can be dangerous: Unlike a barbeque or fireplace which is open, a closed dome can accumulate gas and explode.

Here's a related thread:

http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,6378.0.html

The fireplace? It's just a matter of what you want. Outdoor fireplaces can have draft issues:

http://rumford.com/outdoor.html

Offline pcampbell

• Supporting Member
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2008, 03:57:34 PM »
Some of the ovens are meant to have gas assist.  I think EarthStone has models which are gas assisted. 
Patrick

Offline Frankie G

• Lifetime Member
  • Wood-Fired ovens RULE!
    • Frankie G's Pizza Oven Project
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2008, 10:50:35 AM »
I get a lot of people asking me about how to make a pizza oven/fireplace.

In my opinion.. it is two different animals.  yes.  the pizza oven will throw off heat.. but (when built properly) only when you are right in front of the door opening.  It has ambiance, but it is not like sitting in front of a roaring fireplace.

IF Forno Bravo has a combo unit... where they have an oven, and a fire place... cool.

We just bought one of those portable fire pits... and we have a great time.  the fire can move to any part of the yard... where ever we want to set it up.

just a thought.

Frankie G
www.fgpizza.com

pizzapan