Author Topic: Help-new to brick ovens - forno-napoletano or sfallestimenti - Marco  (Read 7475 times)

Offline pizzaworks

Hello everyone:

I am new to this site and absolutely have fallen in love with brick oven/neopolitan pizza. I have read many posts and are thankful for all the knowledge on this site.

I am opening a restaurant and was researching brick ovens and come to the conclustion that an "official" neopolitan oven is greatly appreciated.

Question: are Forno-napoletano and sfallestimenti (S.F. Allestimenti di Stefano Ferrara)  simmilar? are they making the same type ovens. would anyone recommend one over the other?

I have read many posts by a gentlemen named Marco who references both vendors.

thanks in advance for your help.

Offline scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!
I would definitely give the business to Marco since he has helped us all out here in the past.  If you research forno napoletano and other neapolitan pizza oven makers producing comparable products I think you will find that they are all just about the same price.  Definitely don't take my word for it, though, call or email around and ask questions!  If you are serious about this a trip to naples might be cheaper than you think right now and you can really get an idea of what is out there oven wise.  You also get the side benefit of having something to shoot for in an end product.  Good luck!

Offline pizzaworks

thanks for the response.....is Marco with forno-napoletano, I have seen where he has recommended sfallestimenti on some previous posts.

I am looking to get the oven similar to Il Pizzaiolo in Pittsburgh. I ate there and was very impressed.

Offline kiwipete

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
The Il Pizzaiolo oven is a Forno-Napoletano, which is Marco's company. I would personally prefer this one over the others.

Offline pizzanapoletana

• Pizza Napoletana as it was made in 1730!
    • Forno Napoletano - Pizza Ovens
Re: Help-new to brick ovens - forno-napoletano - Marco
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2008, 07:25:51 AM »
Thanks guys for the comments.

Please let me clarify again that I am not associated with sfallestimenti and I made the mistake of recommending them in the past based on wrong information and very much regret so.  Since then, after further and more solid investigation, I would only recommend Forno Napoletano and that is the main reason I AM associated with them and part of this project.

Before signing up to this idea I have throughly tested and verify the ovens made by the master behind Forno Napoletano and have seen 70+ years old oven made by the previous generations of the same family.

What is more, it is easy to ask to any of our clients in US and UK how they find our products. If you speak to the owner of Franco Manca (London) he will tell you that our oven is almost entirely responsibile of them being able to turn out about 240 pizze last Saturday in just over 2 hours 30 mins

Saluti
Marco

Offline machrychar

Re: Help-new to brick ovens - forno-napoletano - Marco
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2008, 04:05:17 AM »
Thanks guys for the comments.

Please let me clarify again that I am not associated with sfallestimenti and I made the mistake of recommending them in the past based on wrong information and very much regret so.  Since then, after further and more solid investigation, I would only recommend Forno Napoletano and that is the main reason I AM associated with them and part of this project.

Before signing up to this idea I have throughly tested and verify the ovens made by the master behind Forno Napoletano and have seen 70+ years old oven made by the previous generations of the same family.

What is more, it is easy to ask to any of our clients in US and UK how they find our products. If you speak to the owner of Franco Manca (London) he will tell you that our oven is almost entirely responsibile of them being able to turn out about 240 pizze last Saturday in just over 2 hours 30 mins

Saluti
Marco

How many pizzaiolos? Only one?

I'm not really slow, but I'm not so fast... I'm unable to deal with more than 120/130 pizzas by service.

Offline PizzaVera

Re: Help-new to brick ovens - forno-napoletano or sfallestimenti - Marco
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2010, 03:52:42 AM »
I am a little confused here,
I mean I really like MARC I think he is one of the  most knowledgeable guys on here..

but I have a problem with him dismissing Stefano Ferrara ovens..

ok, everyone knows MARC works for Forno Napolitano so of course he will push and promote that brand.
but stating that STEFANO'S ovens are not good! and he wishes he never recommended them.
I mean come on, Stefano's family have 100 years of building, and have built ovens in some of the most famous pizzerias in the States.

ok , I have never used one, but to say they are not worth a mention seems unfair..

just my 2 cents..

Offline Matthew

Re: Help-new to brick ovens - forno-napoletano or sfallestimenti - Marco
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2010, 06:55:33 AM »
I am a little confused here,
I mean I really like MARC I think he is one of the  most knowledgeable guys on here..

but I have a problem with him dismissing Stefano Ferrara ovens..

ok, everyone knows MARC works for Forno Napolitano so of course he will push and promote that brand.
but stating that STEFANO'S ovens are not good! and he wishes he never recommended them.
I mean come on, Stefano's family have 100 years of building, and have built ovens in some of the most famous pizzerias in the States.

ok , I have never used one, but to say they are not worth a mention seems unfair..

just my 2 cents..

I'm sure that something transpired in the past & that's why Marco feels that way; that is between him & SF.  I have spoken with several people; some have a SF & some have a FN. I have never heard anything negative about either ovens.  As a matter of fact, they are are extremely pleased with the performance of both ovens.  Both ovens are used by argueably some of the best pizzeria's in Naples & in the US.  In speaking with people in the US, the determining factor in purchasing a SF over a FN was that SF ovens have UL certification thereby saving some time & money.  The other side of the argument from FN owners is that $5k more for UL certification is not a big deal when looking at the overall expenses associated with opening up a restaurant.

Matt
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 06:57:27 AM by Matthew »

pizzapan