Author Topic: Old Mill of Guilford (North Carolina) sells Hi-gluten flour  (Read 1951 times)

Offline cleglue

Old Mill of Guilford (North Carolina) sells Hi-gluten flour
« on: April 12, 2008, 07:05:45 PM »
I have been pricing Hi-gluten flour and really couldnít find any locally I thought.  We went to the farmerís market in Greensboro, NC the other day and I saw this local millís flour being sold (Old Mill of Guilford).  The mill was only a few miles away so I thought Iíd take the family to see the mill and look at the flour they had.  I saw the Hi-gluten flour and ask what the protein percent was and the lady said 14 % so I bought five pounds.  Today I made a batch of dough for pizza on Monday or Tuesday.  Iíll let you know how is comes out.  It did feel better than the regular bread flour I use when I was making the dough balls.  That may have been just the excitement though.  The Hi-gluten flour is actually milled at another local mill the lady said because they didnít have the necessary screening of the flour I believe she said to make it there on their site.  They do sell a lot of other types of flour and mixes.

They do ship but you have to call them.  They have no website shopping cart.

http://www.oldmillofguilford.com/

Offline lazysean

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Old Mill of Guilford (North Carolina) sells Hi-gluten flour
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2008, 04:05:10 PM »
How did it turn out?  I finally scraped the bottom on my 50lb bag of All Trumps and have been putting off the ordeal of figuring out how to get more.  I'd love to be able to just buy what I need semi-locally.

Offline asheborobluecomets

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2008, 04:18:36 PM »
Me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I live in Asheboro.

Offline cleglue

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2008, 01:18:30 PM »
The pizza's have been turning out pretty good with this flour.  I'm still new at this so I only have my own lack of experience about what is good and what is bad. :)  Sorry I haven't responded sooner.

pizzapan