Author Topic: Re: Italian 00 Flour  (Read 2202 times)

Offline amster35

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Italian 00 Flour
« on: May 14, 2008, 01:25:10 PM »
I have been trying to find the Caputo 00 pizza flour online for the longest time.  The problem wasn't actually finding the flour but finding the flour with a REASONABLE SHIPPING cost.  Well, I think I finally found it.  Surfa's online sells Caputo 00 pizza flour in 5.5lb bags and for 2 bags I took the freight shipping for only 5.95!  I will say the flour is on backorder for a couple of weeks but I thought this was a find worth sharing!

Offline Pizza_Not_War

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2008, 01:40:32 PM »
I have been trying to find the Caputo 00 pizza flour online for the longest time.  The problem wasn't actually finding the flour but finding the flour with a REASONABLE SHIPPING cost.  Well, I think I finally found it.  Surfa's online sells Caputo 00 pizza flour in 5.5lb bags and for 2 bags I took the freight shipping for only 5.95!  I will say the flour is on backorder for a couple of weeks but I thought this was a find worth sharing!

I am assuming you only wanted a small quantity of flour. I bought a full 50+ lb bag with shipping for $75 from Chefs Warehouse. Bagged it and put it in the garage freezer. It is amazing how fast it is being used up. If you have a pet, they are going to love the flour dust all over the place (LOL).

You might want to consider that or find another pizza nut in your area to split it with. The math works much better with the full bag if you don't let the shipping costs blindside you to the total cost per ounce/gram/pound.

Post what area you live in and maybe make a flour connection!

Good luck with it - makes a great pizza!

PNW

Offline widespreadpizza

• my beer store opening in june 2011
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2008, 05:07:43 PM »
PNW,  can you elaborate on the pet comment?  I caught my cat eating flour dust at my storage transfer station.  Is this a known fact that animals like raw flour or something?   -marc

Offline Pizza_Not_War

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2008, 05:29:24 PM »
PNW,  can you elaborate on the pet comment?  I caught my cat eating flour dust at my storage transfer station.  Is this a known fact that animals like raw flour or something?   -marc

marc,

Nothing that I know of other than my dog seems to be hungry and will lick up the Caputo flour mess. And he is absolutely crazy mad when it comes to pizza baking time. He loves the stuff... he seems to know when the process is about to begin.

PNW