Author Topic: Smoky Mountain Pizza?  (Read 3530 times)

Offline thatonegirl

Smoky Mountain Pizza?
« on: May 31, 2008, 10:33:20 PM »
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone here is familiar with a pizza chain throughout the state of Idaho called Smoky Mountain Pizza? They have a delicious crust that is airy and chewy on the inside with a light crispy outside. I would love a clone recipe for their pizza dough!

Offline Regal

Re: Smoky Mountain Pizza?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 02:42:23 PM »
I live in Oregon, but ate there last week.  We had the Margherita and something else that I forget now... the crust seemed a bit oily on the bottom and reminded me of Dominoes.

Offline thatonegirl

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2008, 12:21:32 PM »
Hi Regal -

Thanks for  answering my post :)
It really reminded you of Dominoes crust?? Wow, now I haven't had Dominoes for years due to not caring for their pizza and I thought Smoky Mountain Pizza and Pasta's crust was at least a few notches up.
I don't remember Smoky Mountain's crust being oily at all either. Which one did you go to? I live in Meridian, Idaho and go to the one on Fairview. I also have not had their Margherita pizza but love their BBQ chicken, but I would imagine the crust being the same.

Maybe I should try Dominoes again? :)

I'm actually going to try the Papa John's dough recipe posted on here this weekend. We'll see how that goes.

Offline Regal

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2008, 12:46:33 PM »
I'm a bit unclear on Idaho geography (my in-laws live there) but I think we were in Nampa or somewhere between Boise and Nampa (closer to Nampa).  Would that be Meridian? 

I haven't had Dominoes myself for years either... maybe Pizza Hut-ish?  My point is that it seemed like really standard low-end chain crust.  The pizza was OK, with better than typical chain toppings, but nothing that I'd go out of my way for.  We went there on the reco of a cousin that said it was "the best pizza he'd ever had in his life"... if so, he needs to get out more.

Offline Regal

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2008, 12:50:47 PM »
Maybe I was just there on an off night?

Offline thatonegirl

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2008, 01:17:07 PM »
Quite possibly :)

I haven't been there for a while so I think my next takeout pizza will be from them to see if it's as good as I remember. They did have a good BBQ Chicken, but last night I made Randy's Papa John's dough recipe and our own killer BBQ Chicken and it was amazing!
Meridian is located between Boise and Nampa, although there is a Smoky Mountain in Nampa, Meridian and Boise.
So I'm wondering...what is your favorite pizza?

pizzapan