Author Topic: Mellow Mushroom Pizza found in Atlanta and surroundin areas...Recipes?  (Read 299846 times)

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Re: Mellow Mushroom Pizza found in Atlanta and surroundin areas...Recipes?
« Reply #2175 on: July 07, 2016, 09:44:49 PM »
Do you think I should keep my pan at the top rack and do 475 for a longer bake time?  I need to get over my fear of High heat for everything.  I probably should not be trying for leoparding or anything like that.  With MM should it be uniformly brown with just hints of dark spots or no dark spots?   
Adam,

I think it is worth a try. If it so happens that the bottom crust needs more heat, you can always move the pan to a lower oven rack position.

Peter

Offline The Lord Of The Pizza

• There Will Be Pizza.
« Reply #2176 on: July 12, 2016, 03:24:52 PM »
Adam,

I think it is worth a try. If it so happens that the bottom crust needs more heat, you can always move the pan to a lower oven rack position.

Peter
Sorry for getting to this so late.
It worked!!!!!  It was simply one of the best pizzas I have made.  The flavor again, was incredible.  Cooking on 475 for 10 minutes (without the extra calibration) made everything perfect.  The dough was still a little hard to stretch out, but that certainly could be due to water/sugar content in my molasses.  Perhaps using a different brand or kind of molasses or a bit more water or oil to the dough if I use the same brand will fix that, or I could just deal with it as its not really an issue at all.  The real eye opener here was bake time.  I think Super High Heat, which is sometimes overpreached here (my opinion) is not optimum for all pizza.  Of course that is obvious to us all or should be, but I have been using Super High Heat for so long, it was hard for me to break from it.  I am certainly glad I did.

Pics:

Cooking can be a reflection of your approach to everything. Do the best that you can and if you burn the toast, do it again, right.

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #2177 on: July 12, 2016, 03:42:45 PM »
Adam,

Thanks for posting the photos. You did a great job.

I suggest that you increase the formula hydration by about 2-3% to see if that gets you in the right direction. That is far easier than playing around with the water content of the molasses and flour.

Peter

wordpress