Hybrid Clone - Fiery Hawaiian
My most recent favorite Pizza store pizza is Dominos Fiery Hawaiian. It is not available in all stores however. I have recently started making the Pete-zza's clone recipes. I I have made all 3 versions: Fast, 2-Day, "original". I usually make a 5-6 pizza batch. I am on my 5th batch of the original 5-day clone. Since the pizza I have made is a part clone of Dominos and part clone of Papa Johns it qualifies as a TRUE HYBRID.
This batch was made almost exactly as described in reply #2 http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,6758.msg58197.html#msg58197
. The one exception is that I used a Pendleton Pizza blend flour - not premix - for this batch. The dough was mixed in a Berkel 10 quart planetary mixer. Dough balls were divided weighed, rolled, placed on trays with loose fitting covers and placed in the garage refrigerator (not disturbed much) for 5 days. The dough was removed 2 hrs prior to expanding and the covered trays were placed on a rack over a warm surface. Then the dough is formed in the manner of Papa John's using clone dustinator blend, pressing out and creating a rim, rotating radial stretch, docking, hand tossing and placing on pizza peel. My pizza peel has circles drawn onto it so I can approximate a 14" pizza.
The pizza is dressed with:
1. PJ clone pizza sauce (as described) using Wal -Mart Great Value Tomatoes 5.5 - 6 oz (I used to measure - now I approximate)
2. Wal-Mart Part Skim Mozzarella grated: - cut into tiny cubes with food processor. 85% of the cheese I add before the toppings and the remaining 15% last.
3. Chopped Ham pieces (Usually a Honey Ham from Safeway)
4. Kirkland (Costco) crumbled bacon bits - not too heavy
5. Mezzetta Roasted Bell Peppers - sliced and diced into 5mm x 10mm pieces
6. Star Sliced Jalapenos - quartered
7. Pineapple pieces (tidbits)- I use these because they come in smaller pieces out of the can. I press them between 2 towels to dry a bit
6. Ashanti (from Safeway) chicken wing sauce (I like this more than some hotter brands): drizzled on in a spiral pattern.
7. Remaining 15% Mozzarella - extending onto the undressed rim.
The pizza peel is covered with dustinator but the pizza usually needs to be broken loose with a few back and forth jerks before placing into the oven to prevent toppings from falling off onto the hot surface - any toppings that fall off breaking loose are replaced onto pizza.
I cook on a thin pizza stone - about 1/2" stone. My 2" granite stone (left over from a bathroom counter job) broke and wont fit in my new oven. I baked the pizza at 550f for 8 minutes. I have baked on a screen but have not had results as good as the stone.
I let it cool for a few minutes, slice and place on a perforated pan. I usually make 3 pizzas in rapid sequence and then they are consumed by myself and family. Any remaining slices are left out on the counter and there is usually none left to put in the refrigerator by bedtime.
I love the Pete-zza original clone. It takes a bit of discipline to make it and wait 5 days. Saturday is my mix day - I mix a 6 pizza batch and then make pizza Thurs-Sat. The sauce is made in batches and sealed in Mason Jars ready for pizza day.
I am very happy with this HYBRID Fiery Hawaiian pizza.
Next I will have to do a side by side taste comparison.