This is my first homemade pizza and my family thinks I'm Wonder Woman of the pizza world.
I'd like to thank Pete-zza for all of the work you've put into cloning the Papa John's. Wow! I've been making the 2-day version of the Papa John's clone and we think it's fantastic! I've made it on the 3rd day and it's still wonderful. It took me a few times to get the time/temperature perfected in my persnickety oven, but I think I've fine-tuned it. Here are a few minor modifications I made:
1. I use canola oil and Dakota Maid bread flour because it's what I have on hand.
2. I have to use a water temperature of 90 degrees F to get the final dough temperature at about 81 degrees when I take it out of my Bosch Compact mixer.
3. I've had some problems with getting the dough out of the bowl after it sits out of the fridge to warm up. It's too soft for me to handle. I'm guessing this is because I'm using Dakota Maid bread flour instead of King Arthur? I found that if I put a piece of plastic (sprayed with Pam) on the bottom of the dough bowl and let it extend over the sides, then I can just lift the plastic to get the dough out without wrecking the shape. Once I have it dusted, it's easy to work with.
4. I have to use an oven temperature of 475 degrees with the screen on the second lowest rack for 8 minutes, then 1 1/2 minutes at the top rack under the broiler to get the top and bottom just right. (I burned the crust at 500 degrees.)
5. I'm always two slices of pizza short for my family, so I ordered a 16 inch pizza screen. I used the calculator to get the following dough ingredient amounts for one 16 inch pie using the 2-day method:
Flour (100%): 463.75 g | 16.36 oz | 1.02 lbs
Water (56.5%): 262.02 g | 9.24 oz | 0.58 lbs
IDY (0.28%): 1.3 g | 0.05 oz | 0 lbs | 0.43 tsp | 0.14 tbsp
Salt (01.75%): 8.12 g | 0.29 oz | 0.02 lbs | 1.69 tsp | 0.56 tbsp
Canola Oil (7.3%): 33.85 g | 1.19 oz | 0.07 lbs | 7.45 tsp | 2.48 tbsp
Sugar (4.3%): 19.94 g | 0.7 oz | 0.04 lbs | 5 tsp | 1.67 tbsp
Total (170.13%): 788.98 g | 27.83 oz | 1.74 lbs | TF = 0.1384155
Thank you again!