Author Topic: Cappiello Cheese????  (Read 2959 times)

Offline nirc

Cappiello Cheese????
« on: June 08, 2008, 01:39:36 PM »
Hi everyone,

I just picked up some Cappiello Traditional mozzarella cheese http://www.cappiello.com/content.php?menu=products for my upcoming Randy's PJ clone pizzas, and was wondering if anyone has tried this before and what they think of it? Also, how should I treat this type of cheese when putting it on pizza, shred it and spread it around or slice it like fresh mozzarella.

Thanks for your help,
Eli :D

Offline scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!
Re: Cappiello Cheese????
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2008, 02:14:40 PM »
I have used it and I think it is an excellent (but expensive) cheese.   It's dry enough that you can grate it.

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Re: Cappiello Cheese????
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2008, 02:23:05 PM »
Also, how should I treat this type of cheese when putting it on pizza, shred it and spread it around or slice it like fresh mozzarella.

Eli,

If you are trying to emulate the Papa John's style, you would dice the cheese finely. That is what I have been doing with my PJ clones. However, I see no reason why shredding won't work. Most places that use diced mozzarella cheese do so because of yield (better and more uniform distribution with less cheese). Also, pizza places that use “free-throwing” of cheese, or quasi-free-throwing, like PJ’s, prefer diced cheese because it is easier to scoop with their portioning cups and distribute evenly over pizzas.

Peter

pizzapan