Author Topic: Chicagoland stuffed pizza dining  (Read 1254 times)

Offline BroccoliRob

• I Love Pizza!
Chicagoland stuffed pizza dining
« on: June 12, 2008, 10:01:34 AM »
Sounds like an easy question right?  :D

Here's the situation though. We need to get home from Chicago (heading east) as early as possible on Sunday. We'd like to find someplace that is open at noon, or even better at 11 am, that is very convenient from I-294 or I-80. The farther south on 294 or east on 80 the better, so NW Indiana would be even better than Illinois.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 10:43:53 AM by BroccoliRob »

Offline Mad_Ernie

Re: Chicagoland stuffed pizza dining
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2008, 11:09:04 AM »
There is a Giordano's in Mokena, IL, a few miles south of I-80.

11400 LINCOLN HWY.
MOKENA, IL
Ph: (815) 806-8282

For stuffed pizza, that is the closest that I know of based on your route.  I would think there has got to be some place else, in that area but I am not sure where.  I offer the Chicago Pizza Club site as possible resource, but they tend to stay above the I-80 line. 

http://www.chicagopizzaclub.com/

You might also try a Google map search using "pizza" and a town in the area, like Hazel Crest, IL.
Chicago stuffed pizza tends to be more prominent in the northern part of the metro area, but I would think there are exceptions down south.
Let them eat pizza.

Offline BroccoliRob

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Chicagoland stuffed pizza dining
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2008, 01:47:12 PM »
Thanks Ernie. I was doing Google maps and Cityserach for a while yesterday. I did find a few that were closeby to 294 or 80, but aren't open for lunch on Sunday. I don't remember the names any more.

Most "pizza" matches are mom and pop places with little internet presence, so I don't know if they have stuffed (or how much they are liked). If off of 80, I'd like to find something east of where 294 joins. And I should say that we have had Aurelio's and my wife would prefer to try something new.

Ed and Joes looks like the plan at the moment (noon opening), but if I can improve the schedule with something farther along the route, or opening earlier, I'd like to.

pizzapan