Author Topic: I made pizza a couple of weeks ago in my 2Stone  (Read 1797 times)

Offline canadianbacon

• DoughBoy
I made pizza a couple of weeks ago in my 2Stone
« on: May 26, 2008, 02:32:40 PM »
Hi Guys,

A few weeks ago, I made pizza with my new 2Stone.  It turned out great !

There was not much wind that day, and so I got my natural gas BBQ up to 625 degrees.  I pre-heated the 2Stone
inside my bbq for a good 45 mins before I baked my pizza.

P.S. - Note to self.  Make sure you actually measure the weight of your dough ball next time.  I didn't weigh my doughball and
since it was my real first test of the 2Stone, I didn't know what to expect.  Anyway, next time I'm going to do some calculations
and drop the dough ball by 1/2.  I figure the doughball in these images was about 350 grams or so, ... so next time I'm going to go
with a 200 gram ball. As you can see in the images below, my dough was a bit of the thick side LOL.  I like thick dough, but this
was way too thick, even for me.  Anyway, I was able to eat my mistake and it was a darn good mistake too !  :P

« Last Edit: May 26, 2008, 02:52:56 PM by canadianbacon »
Pizzamaker, Rib Smoker, HomeBrewer, there's not enough time for a real job.

Offline 2stone

• Lifetime Member
    • 2stone blog
Re: I made pizza a couple of weeks ago in my 2Stone
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008, 04:04:02 PM »
Hey Canadianbacon,

Yea, I think the first thing that came to mind was "ovenspring" and I might add you have taken oven spring to a whole new level!!! I have had the same experience many times. In fact I just picked up a scale today. I was doing a demo here a while back and I had a dough ball that looked pretty normal, but holy cow, that thing just exploded on me and kept on growing in the 2stone to where I wasn't sure I was going to get it out of there! Thats when I decided .....time to weigh the dough balls.

Anyway I think you may have just coined one of the best lines I've read......
quote: "Anyway, I was able to eat my mistake and it was a darn good mistake too"

I think I'm at about 7 oz for a 12'' pie I'm not sure if thats good or bad.

Willard

2Stone blog: www.2stoneblog.com

Offline canadianbacon

• DoughBoy
Re: I made pizza a couple of weeks ago in my 2Stone
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2008, 01:15:20 PM »
Hi Willard,

nice new toy you have there :-)

7oz or so eh, ok so that's about 196 grams or so.  So, I can see I'm a good hundred too heavy.
I'll go down to 200 gr next time and see what happens.

Gee good quote there I did, I didn't even realize it :-)

Pizzamaker, Rib Smoker, HomeBrewer, there's not enough time for a real job.

pizzapan