Author Topic: My NY  (Read 10153 times)

Offline esoog

Re: My NY
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2010, 06:35:59 AM »
ok this is very interesting, is there a particular reason? As i said the dough was too chewy so maybe this is the reason why. I will do sets of pies one with 00 and the other with bread flour. Unfortunately im in uk so getting hold of high gluten flour is hard. Il post up the results for you. Thank you  ;D ;D

PaulsPizza

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2010, 06:39:55 AM »
Uk here too :D where abouts are you?

I know Waitrose and Sainsburys sell a Canadian high-protein flour, hope that helps.

Paul

Offline esoog

« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2010, 06:54:57 AM »
cheers paul (owe you a pint mate if your around manchester),

Yeah i will definitely look out for the flour today at sainsburys. Will give that a go, is that the flour you use all the time with good results in a 250 celcius electric oven? Not sure whether investing in a stone would be better. But thanks a lot mate appreciate it

PaulsPizza

« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2010, 07:02:43 AM »
Brighton here.
The Sainsburys flour you want is the 'Taste the Difference' Canadian high-protein flour, I think its 99p for a kilo bag.
I have used it before and its a good flour as is the Waitrose one, but I mainly use a Canadian commercial flour that is sent to me straight from the miller as I am starting a pizza shop. I am currently baking my pizzas in my 240 degree C electric home oven.
I would highly recommend a stone mate, there are people on here that know serious amounts about what stone material is best, member Scott123 is the stone king! :D

Dont forget to post pics of the pizza you make ;D

Paul
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 07:15:05 AM by PaulsPizza »

Offline esoog

« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2010, 01:19:11 PM »
thanks again paul

http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,12199.0.html

new version with the flour recommended

Offline z3r01

« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2012, 10:18:19 AM »
just got me some KinG ARTHUR  hi-glut flour so I'm going to give this a go now because its a quick recipe and i just want to try out the flour
(http://s14.postimage.org/lpfpl0f9t/z3r01.jpg)