Author Topic: Pizzaletto sauce in Canada  (Read 4925 times)

Offline Aaron

• I'm a Beaver fan
Pizzaletto sauce in Canada
« on: December 06, 2004, 02:05:44 PM »
For any one from Canada looking for this sauce,it can be purchased in 1 gallon cans at A&P stores that have there own pizzerias.Cost of the can is $9.99,you may be able to find it in Dominion stores because A&P owns them as well.

Offline Aaron

• I'm a Beaver fan
Re:Pizzaletto sauce in Canada
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2004, 05:33:58 PM »
I found a store in Niagara falls that carries stanislaus at there retail outlet.They had full red(2 varietys)pizzaiolo,pizzaletto and a couple more,all in 1 gallon cans for $5.They also have 3 and 5 star flour,oo flour, and grande cheese,but these items have to be picked up at there warehouse.
Roman Cheese Co Ltd
4916 Montrose Rd
Niagara falls,Ont
1-800-263-7125
If looking for the flour or cheese it is best to call and talk to a sales rep(Dave or Nick the owner)
This company also makes  smoked mozz and provolone for local pizzerias.

Offline Aaron

• I'm a Beaver fan
Re: Pizzaletto sauce in Canada
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2005, 08:18:59 AM »
Tried the sauce over the holidays and I must say I am a convert.Very good product straight from the can.

Offline canadave

• Supporting Member
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2005, 02:01:16 PM »
wow....this would be awesome news!!  Do they sell the Stanislaus "New York Pizza Sauce"??

Offline Aaron

• I'm a Beaver fan
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2005, 11:12:39 AM »
Canadave that is what pizzaletto is.Stanislaus version of ny pizza sauce.
I also found horlicks malted milk powder at A and P yesterday,from the ingredients it looks similar to carnation malted milk powder.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2005, 11:59:38 AM by Aaron »

Offline canadave

• Supporting Member
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2005, 03:03:55 PM »
hmmmmm!!!  Good to know.

Problem is, I don't suppose I could order those items in non-bulk quantities, eh?  I don't have any of those stores near me here in Alberta...I think they're only down east.

Offline Aaron

• I'm a Beaver fan
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2005, 01:59:59 PM »
Canadave,I have only been able to find 1gallon cans.If you have a major grocery store that makes pies on site,you might be able to find out what kind of sauce they use,and if you ask nice enough they may sell you a can.I have been able to do that here in ontario with a couple grocers.
Good luck.

Offline scampi

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2005, 11:21:36 PM »
Hey, since when is a gallon can bulk?  :D..just kiddin. I use a lot of it. By the way, just curious but do any of you add anything to cut the citric acid in Stanislaus products?

Offline Steve

• Steve Zinski
  • Administrator
    • pizzamaking.com
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2005, 07:36:30 AM »
Hey, since when is a gallon can bulk?  :D..just kiddin. I use a lot of it. By the way, just curious but do any of you add anything to cut the citric acid in Stanislaus products?

Personally, I prefer Escalon products. Same excellent taste, minus the citric acid.  :)
Pizzamaking.com is a member-supported public resource. Click HERE to become a Supporting Member.

Offline Aaron

• I'm a Beaver fan
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2005, 11:56:51 AM »
So far I have had no luck finding Escalon products in Canada, and the supplier I use does not know of a distributor for them locally.
I cannot say that I can notice a citric acid flavour in the sauce.I do know that everyone who has tasted it said they really liked it.I personally think it is a great product and would highly recommend it.

Offline canadave

• Supporting Member
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2005, 12:12:29 PM »
Hey Aaron,  MY local Italian grocer has Escalon 6-in-1 ;)  Maybe we could organize some sort of trade? ;)

Dave

Offline Aaron

• I'm a Beaver fan
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2005, 01:27:47 PM »
Canadave were are you located,shipping might get expensive.I plan on picking up some full red and pizzaiola pizza sauce on my next trip to Niagara Falls.I have 2 cans of pizzaletto left so I will be going soon.I have found a pizza ingredient distributor in Toronto but I have yet to get a list of the products they carry.Maybe with some luck I can find Escalon product in southern Ontario.If not we may have to see if we can figure out a way to make a trade.I will post my findings when I get the list.

Offline canadave

• Supporting Member
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2005, 02:18:20 PM »
Aaron,

I'm located just outside of Edmonton.  I don't think shipping would be all that expensive for a single can, just to try it out; but we could always double-check.

Anyways, it's a standing offer :)  You go ahead and see if you can find the Escalon somewhere locally; if not, let me know and I'll be happy to arrange a trade.

Cheers,
Dave

Offline canadave

• Supporting Member
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2005, 02:20:19 PM »
Also, if you go get more pizzaiola sauce, if you happen to remember, would you mind finding out if there's a way for me to order it and have them ship me some? :)

Thanks!
Dave

Offline Aaron

• I'm a Beaver fan
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2005, 05:42:18 PM »
Canadave try calling the number above.This company makes frozen lasagna so check local grocery stores and see if you see Roman Cheese Co product.If you do,speak to the store manager and he may be able to order some with there shipment.
I will look into shipping costs next week,and let you know.

pizzapan