Author Topic: Your first pizza pie...  (Read 5330 times)

Offline sourdough girl

• First the bread, NOW the pizza dough!
Re: Your first pizza pie...
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2008, 09:52:06 PM »

Is that Klingon?  ::)

Mike

Nope, from "The Day The Earth Stood Still"... a 1951 movie with a still-timely message!  One of my all-time favorites... about alien invaders!

~sd
Never trust a skinny cook!

Offline Essen1

• Supporting Member
    • The Hobby Cook
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2008, 09:55:16 PM »
Okay...both of you, make sure I will never end on Jeopardy!

Nope.  The pepperoni layer I actually labeled "Pepperoni."

Nope, from "The Day The Earth Stood Still"... a 1951 movie with a still-timely message!  One of my all-time favorites... about alien invaders!

I think I need another cold one.  ;D
Mike

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."  - Albert Einstein

http://thehobbycook.blogspot.com/

Offline anton-luigi

« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2008, 11:15:06 AM »
Up until about a month ago,  I had never made a pizza completely from scratch.  Of course I had purchased the bagged pizza crust mixes from the grocery store and made those,  which literally cannot be called pizza crust.  Of course they had always been topped with Pizza Quick sauce as well.  This whole pizza obsession started with the drummer in my band saying,  " I think it would be a blast to open a pizzeria"  That was all I needed to hear,  and started off on a pizza making tangent that has driven my wife insane.  I spent about 12 hours on the internet the first night researching crust recipes, and sauce recipes,  and procedures.  Actually my first two pizzas turned out suprisingly well,  it was the second and third that did not work out so well.  I did not take any pictures,  as I had not found this site at that point. 

Offline candyman

• I Love Pizza!
    • Morgia's Pizza & More
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2008, 08:40:38 PM »
Hey Mike... how'd you make that first pizza... it actually looks pretty darn yummy!!!

Joe
I believe we could have world peace if someone could make enough Pizza and supply enough Beer for Everyone!

Offline Essen1

• Supporting Member
    • The Hobby Cook
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2008, 12:08:28 AM »
Hey Mike... how'd you make that first pizza... it actually looks pretty darn yummy!!!

Joe

Joe,

I really don't remember what the recipe was. I suppose it was just something I pulled off the Net, and it was measured in volume not baker's percent. I used way too much cheese, as you can see, and didn't bake it long enough.

The funny thing is, I gave it to my neighbors and they actually liked it.  ;D

Don't ask me why, though.
Mike

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."  - Albert Einstein

http://thehobbycook.blogspot.com/

Offline candyman

• I Love Pizza!
    • Morgia's Pizza & More
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2008, 01:42:50 AM »
A couple of my first 'screw ups' didn't look pretty but sure tasted yummy!  Although, some tasted pretty bad too. 

Is there really a such thing as "Too Much Cheese"???;D  That used to be my favorite part of a pizza when I was growing up (NY)... I would tear all that cheese off my pizza, eat the crust... then go back and eat the cheese.  I used to tell them I wanted a pepperoni pizza hold the crust... they would laugh at me thinking I was kidding.  Of course, if they could have done it, I would of gladly taken a box of slightly sauces cheese with cooked pepperoni in it.  Hmmmm, I need to work on a pizza in a cup recipe.  :-D

Anyways, your pizzas sure have come a LONGGGGGGGGGG way since your first ones.  Love your LBE and can't wait to make one myself.  Went flea marketing today with hopes to find a used Weber.. didn't. 

Joe
I believe we could have world peace if someone could make enough Pizza and supply enough Beer for Everyone!

pizzapan