Author Topic: 2-Stone-Weber  (Read 1947 times)

Offline Tony Pizzeria

2-Stone-Weber
« on: July 05, 2008, 05:05:39 PM »
I recently bought the 2-Stone but haven't used it yet. I am going to use it with the Weber Genesis, I am trying to get opinions on which is better, leaving the hood open or closing it? Willard said that he has heard owners have done the pies both ways. Any answers well appreciated ???
Thanks
CIAO BABY

Offline Pizza_Not_War

Re: 2-Stone-Weber
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2008, 06:52:21 PM »
Tony,

Sometimes I will leave the lid closed on the first pizza if it still has not reached my ideal temperatures (750) or so. If I have a very lightly dressed pizza I would rather be 800+ degrees. I have never attained the 900+ range with my Genesis and have given up that quest for now.

With the hood partially open you get a better convection, or so it seems. Hard to tell since I have no way to actually see the air flow.

Experimenting with it is the fun part, give it a few trials each way and see what works for you. Eat the failures or share it with the dog if you have one. My dog looks forward to pizza night, although the failures are rare at this point. Once you get the hang of it, you should be a pro.

PNW

Offline Tony Pizzeria

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2008, 12:41:15 PM »
Thanks PNW I appreciate it. I assume you fire up all 3 burners ???. Do you use high medium or low
CIAO BABY

Offline Pizza_Not_War

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2008, 01:22:49 PM »
I assume you fire up all 3 burners ???. Do you use high medium or low

Full throttle all the way. If you have the grill skirts you should wrap them in foil as it seems to help reflect the heat into the right area. If you don't have the skirts you should cover the open spaces with foil. Some people seem to get hotter temps out of the Weber than I do, in which case you may have to dial down the heat a bit.

Good luck with it - you will be making better pizza than 99% of commercial locations.

PNW

Offline Tony Pizzeria

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2008, 01:27:43 PM »
Thanks again PNW, by the way I tried your recipe and it's really mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
What a Forum! The Best
CIAO BABY

pizzapan