Author Topic: World's Perfect Pizzas  (Read 1816 times)

Offline Gone_Fishin

World's Perfect Pizzas
« on: July 11, 2008, 10:57:28 AM »
Peter Reinhart would have called off his search for the perfect pizza after eating at Roma's Pizzeria in Sacramento, CA and Pizza My Heart in Capitola, CA. They are truly the world's most perfect pizzas.

Can anyone else validate this claim?  :chef:

Offline beaunehead

Re: World's Perfect Pizzas
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2008, 05:01:49 PM »
Somehow, having read Rienhart's book.....I doubt he would find a "perfect pizza"...whatever that means....outside of the area from New Haven to Philadelaphia....at least in the U.S. Well, maybe in Phoenix......

And, I doubt he'd stop searching anyway.... ::)
Stuart

Offline sourdough girl

• First the bread, NOW the pizza dough!
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2008, 05:38:15 PM »
Peter Reinhart would have called off his search for the perfect pizza after eating at Roma's Pizzeria in Sacramento, CA and Pizza My Heart in Capitola, CA. They are truly the world's most perfect pizzas.

Can anyone else validate this claim?  :chef:

I have also read Mr. Reinhart's book, and I have to agree with beaunehead.  Perhaps you should have added "In My Humble Opinion" to your claim.
Of course, your claim begs the question that you have eaten pizza in Naples... NYC, NJ, CT, etc...
My curiosity is (and not that I claim to be an expert, mind you) if they are "truly the world's most perfect pizzas", why have I never heard of them before?  I have heard of Da Michele, Bianco, Patsy's, et al...

Still waiting for someone to validate claim.... <sounds of crickets chirping...>

This is all in good fun, of course, much the way I'm sure you meant your post!   ;) 

~sd
Never trust a skinny cook!

Offline Mad_Ernie

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2008, 02:00:55 PM »
If one thing is certain about pizza, is that it is one of those foods, like BBQ, that everyone claims to know who makes the best, but invariably it comes down to personal opinion.   :o

I won't doubt such claims made by individuals, nor would I want to waste time on arguing about them.  The many flavors found in the pizzas made round the world set off the taste buds of everyone who takes a bite of a slice, and so even if 100 of us on this forum were to try 10 of the so-called best pizzas from around the world, you'd get different opinions on which was the best.  This, again, is similar to BBQ, which in this country creates contests that span at least the continent, and with its different judges and contestants, has yet to prove to me that there is one person or place in the entire USA that can lay claim to the best BBQ.  I've eaten everywhere from North Carolina to Memphis to Texas to KC and I can you tell there are a lot good places, and some I would never go near again.  But some of those places I consider terrible have been around 40 years and are still in business with regular customers.  Go figure.

Bottom line: Peter Reinhardt aside (and I have read his book), everyone's got their own opinions on pizza.  Just look at how many different categories there are on this forum.  If it was so easy to pick one place in the US (or the world) that made the best pizza for everyone, every other pizzeria would copy it, we wouldn't waste time trying to make anything else, and this forum would have no need for existing.  ;)
Let them eat pizza.

Offline Jackitup

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2008, 02:16:33 PM »
If one thing is certain about pizza, is that it is one of those foods, like BBQ, that everyone claims to know who makes the best, but invariably it comes down to personal opinion.   :o

Well said. Just made 130#'s of pork butt for a freinds grad party today and I'm sure it was the best like.... everyones else. Pizza for Monday....again it will be the best :-D
Jon
Save A Cow, Eat A Vegan....Totally Organic And Hormone Free!!