Author Topic: Greek pizza  (Read 106109 times)

Offline Simple Man

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Greek pizza
« Reply #540 on: January 25, 2014, 08:14:26 AM »
Here is my attempt at Peter's Greek Style following instruction from reply#20. The only difference was the use of KABF vs. the KASL.

May not look perfect but it was a big hit with the family. I will definitely use this recipe again.

One was straight peperoni (Hormel), the other was bacon, feta (and 50/50 Mozz/white cheddar) and greek olives.
If you don't like the heat, move to Maine!

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #541 on: February 28, 2014, 03:21:37 PM »
My Greek pizza revisit was a success.  I used the original from reply 20 with great results after a 3 day cold ferment.  Differences this time are that I now have two 3/8" steel plates to work with.  1 hour preheat with the oven on max at 500 and the bottom steel plate was 585 and the top was 535.  I am looking forward to trying NY style this week on the plates.  My only complaints would be that I could have used a little more cheese and maybe somehow gotten the crust a little less soft.  The bottom was perfect though.
nicu, how much oil did you put in your pan and did you proof the dough for a period in this pan?
Thank you, you did a good job.  :drool:

Bob
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline Stavs

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #542 on: September 23, 2014, 08:47:12 PM »
Here are a couple "New England Style" Greek pizzas from my area (Philly area). The top one is actually from a place called New England Style Pizza and the bottom one is from Thunderbird Pizza.

Offline nicu2001

« Reply #543 on: November 18, 2014, 08:19:26 PM »
nicu, how much oil did you put in your pan and did you proof the dough for a period in this pan?
Thank you, you did a good job.  :drool:

Bob

Sorry for such a late reply and thank you!!

I used 1 tablespoon of oil in the 12" pan and covered and proofed for 2 hours.

Just made some greek dough for Friday pizza night which made me think of this thread. I'll try to post pics of the finished pizzas on Friday.