Hello all! I am trying my hand at the wonderful formulation for Greek Style from Pete found here (reply #401
with the IDY percentage suggestion for a cold ferment that Pete and CDNPielover arrived at, 0.5% found here (Replies 409 and 410
I plan on a minimum 2 day ferment with possibly longer depending on when I am ready to make the pizza.[Equipment]
- 9 Inch heavy and thick black steel cake pan
- Food processor
-Oxo Digital Scale
- Oven Heated at 550
- King Arthur Bread Flour
- instant dry yeast
- olive oil
- soybean oil
- Whole Milk mozzarella-2 ounces
- Sharp Cheddar-2 ounces
I like this combo personally and decided to go with it.Sauce:
- Kenji's New York Style Pizza Sauce with dried Basil addedhttp://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2010/10/new-york-style-pizza-sauce.html
I use this sauce on just about everything. I really love the sweetness and richness of it. I also use Vidalia onions in the onion part as it releases their sweetness into the sauce which I really love!Toppings:
- Food Lion Pepperoni-14-17 slices
- Black Olives-8 slicedOther:
- canola or olive oil for brushing the pan. Have not decided yet but am leaning towards Canola. 1 1/2 teaspoons with a pastry brush.[Dough Formulation for 2, 9" pizzas]New England Greek Pizza
Flour (100%): 198.68 g | 7.01 oz | 0.44 lbs
Water (50.8561%): 101.04 g | 3.56 oz | 0.22 lbs
IDY (0.5%): 0.99 g | 0.04 oz | 0 lbs | 0.33 tsp | 0.11 tbsp
Salt (1.77188%): 3.52 g | 0.12 oz | 0.01 lbs | 1.04 tsp | 0.35 tbsp
Olive Oil (0.4%): 0.79 g | 0.03 oz | 0 lbs | 0.18 tsp | 0.06 tbsp
Vegetable (Soybean) Oil (3.6%): 7.15 g | 0.25 oz | 0.02 lbs | 1.57 tsp | 0.52 tbsp
Sugar (2.1093%): 4.19 g | 0.15 oz | 0.01 lbs | 1.05 tsp | 0.35 tbsp
Total (159.23728%): 316.38 g | 11.16 oz | 0.7 lbs | TF = 0.08771
Single Ball: 158.19 g | 5.58 oz | 0.35 lbs [Dough Preparation, approximately 48 hours before Pizza Day or longer]
- Into the bowl of the food processor, add 198.68 g of flour, 4.19 g of sugar, and 0.99 g of IDY. Process flour, sugar, and yeast in food processor until combined, about 3 seconds.
- With processor running, slowly add 101.04 g of water (Temperature around 90-95 degrees; process dough until just combined and no dry flour remains, about 10 seconds. Let dough stand for 10 minutes.
-Add 0.79 g Olive Oil, 7.15 g Vegetable Oil, and 3.52 g salt to dough and process until dough forms satiny, sticky ball that clears sides of work bowl, 30 to 60 seconds.
- Put dough in fridge for approximately 48 hours or longer.[Sauce Preparation]
-New York Style Pizza Sauce http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2010/10/new-york-style-pizza-sauce.html[On Pizza Day]
- Transfer dough to floured counter and cover with plastic wrap and allow to warm to room temperature for 1 hour.
- Liberally oil the 9" pizza pan with canola oil. 1 1/2 teaspoons with a pastry brush.
- Press dough out into the pizza pan.
- Allow dough to rise at room temp in the pan for an hour and 40 minutes. Start pre-heating the oven at 550F about an hour into
this dough rising process.
- After the hour and 40 are up, transfer pan with dough to top of preheating oven, for about more 20 minutes of rising.
- Using a Pastry Brush, apply sauce all the way to the edge, followed by toppings.
- Apply 50:50 blend (mozzarella / sharp cheddar) of cheese, right to the edge.
- Cook for 9-13 minutes on the bottom rack in the 550 degree oven.
This will be my layout and procedure. I really liked cmyden
's clear layout and procedure on Reply #502 http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=691.msg237622#msg237622
and decided to adopt it as a template for my recipe and anyone wanting to know what I am doing. It also makes recipe sharing really easy! I hope they don't mind borrowing the layout! I love it!
Wish me luck!