Author Topic: Dough Warm Up  (Read 301 times)

Offline Hillbilly

• I Love Pizza!
Dough Warm Up
« on: January 19, 2014, 05:30:26 PM »
How long before baking should the dough come out of the fridge? I used a NY thin crust recipe from this site (can't remember whose recipe it was) and mixed in a bread maker, and let it go through the initial rise then split into 2 and kneaded by hand a little, formed into balls. into oiled bowls and into the fridge for an overnight stay.

Also should I be kneading the dough after I take it out of the fridge or just stretching? I sure never thought making a pizza dough would be this complicated - or maybe I'm just making it more complicated than it really is?

Edit: I found the answer to my first question (a couple of hours) but still not sure about the second question.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 05:34:19 PM by Hillbilly »

Offline Kale dog

• SO VEGAN DAIYA OMG SO GIF IMAGE
Re: Dough Warm Up
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2014, 05:49:18 PM »
I say 1 hour before making the pie i take it out to prepare the toppings, I knead for 8-10 minutes before cold fermenting in the fridge generally 4 days.
I never knead after taking it out prior to baking only stretching.
Hippocrates: 'Let food be thy medicine

Offline Hillbilly

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2014, 06:07:42 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply. Off to start the oven, make some Italian sausage and get the toppings ready for another attempt. Only my 4th pizza so far but they are getting better and I think I've got the peel figured out (probably shouldn't have said that ...... might have just jinxed myself).

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2014, 10:12:50 PM »
How long before baking should the dough come out of the fridge? I used a NY thin crust recipe from this site (can't remember whose recipe it was)

Edit: I found the answer to my first question (a couple of hours) but still not sure about the second question.
Maybe next time remember what recipe you used and you can get quicker response.
If this pizza turns out killer maybe you can find it through your browser search history.   :-D

Bob
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"