Good to hear from you.
Oops Sorry about that. I did forget the flour measurement in my previous post.
Now regarding the use for VWG, If you remember in Reply 15 of this post, I mentioned that My first attempt produced a fairly favorable pizza but a few things were missing and one was the chewiness. it just wasn't there. At the time, VWG was not available and the only alternative was Semolina which works exceptionally well, No doubt.
Also, in reply 16 you mentioned something to the effect, that use of semolina flour would not produce the type of chewiness and taste I am after, as many commercial pizzerias don't use semolina.
Well since I now finally have VWG available to me, I thought let me take this whole experience from a different angle and to a whole new level.What I would like to do is slowly push my flour from a Bread Flour Category into a High Gluten Flour category. By Slowly, I mean with each attempt I would do this to compare the difference. If I remember correctly, My bread flour is 12% protein. What I would ideally do is push it up to 12.5% and increase my 0.5% on every attempt.
At this very time I don't have on hand the VWG as well has My Bread Flour. Once I do I will post to you the "amount of protein for a given serving size" as you requested.
I will also weigh out the 1/4 cup of VWG.
With these experiments, it would ultimately help me in understanding how VWG affects flour and how High Gluten Flour affects the overall outcome of Pizza.
Also a thought had just come to mind. On one of my attempts, I cant remember which one it was, I decided to go for a 3 day cold fermentation to improve the flavor of the crust. I notice that by the end of the first day, my pizza already risen by 70% at the least. So by the middle of the second day, probably approximately 36 Hours, the pizza was double in its pan. When it came to the third and final day, it looked like the pizza had over fermented. How I came to this conclusion is when I placed a flat spatula underneath the pizza which was still in the pan to see if its stuck, it began to break into pieces and some if not most of the pieces began to stick to the pan. Well, I didn't lift much of it, just a small area just so I could inspect. I didn't interfere any further. I just topped it and baked it. After the baking, it seemed fine. Some portions of the pizza stuck to the bottom of the pan but I was able to remove the pizza completely from the pan before destroying it.
I'm just going to digress for a moment. When I attempted the Pappa Johns clone, in the first day I noticed that the dough had risen to double it size. In the second day it rose to 3 times its size. By the third day and final day, it became one big disaster. When trying to remove the dough from the container which it was placed in, it stuck to the container.
I am assuming that if I had to try and remove my pizza from its pan I would have experience similar results like the Pappa Johns attempt. I found one common denominator which passed the eye. The dough temp. I never thought it was so important up until now. You learn something new every day.
Never the less, My question is simply, what should the final dough temp be, before it is placed in the fridge for a 3 Day fermentation. Also take into account the heat that is transferred when rolling the dough out to its desired size so it can be placed into the PAN and then refrigerated.
Thanks again for all your help