Author Topic: Hobart N-50 attachments  (Read 6526 times)

Offline Mothrog

• I Love Pizza!
Hobart N-50 attachments
« on: July 25, 2008, 12:35:36 PM »
I just got a good deal on a Hobart N-50, but the only problem it has no bowl and no paddle, whisk, or dough hook. I've seen those listed on Global Equipment's website, but they attachments are all $50+ and the bowl's pretty expensive too. Does anyone know of a source of these that might be a little cheaper? I also noticed that the Kitchenaid bowls bear a striking resemblance to those of the Hobart, and I know Hobart used to make the Kitchenaid mixers. Can you use any of the Kitchenaid stuff on a Hobart?

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Re: Hobart N-50 attachments
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2008, 12:48:36 PM »
Mothrog,

In parallel with your post here, you might also want to register and post your question at the PMQ Think Tank at http://thinktank.pmq.com/viewforum.php?f=6. It's quiet there this time of year but your type of question is one that is commonly answered at the PMQTT.

Peter

Offline Mothrog

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2008, 01:02:58 PM »
Thanks for the tip. I just did that.

Offline Villa Roma

• In search of the ever elusive leopard spots!
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2008, 12:56:03 PM »
Mothrog.....I heard the Kitchenaid bowl and attachments will fit and work fine on the N50 though I don't have first hand experience with it as I have a Kitchenaid K5 mixer. Here are the dimensions of the K5 bowl: Diameter from top lip to lip is 8 5/16". Height is 6 7/8" and the pin to pin distance is 9" center to center. You may want to go to the KA forum and ask there as some of them also own N50s.

Get the spiral hook, it's much better than the C hook. good luck and hope this helps.

Villa Roma

Offline les_garten

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2008, 12:43:52 PM »
I just got a good deal on a Hobart N-50, but the only problem it has no bowl and no paddle, whisk, or dough hook. I've seen those listed on Global Equipment's website, but they attachments are all $50+ and the bowl's pretty expensive too. Does anyone know of a source of these that might be a little cheaper? I also noticed that the Kitchenaid bowls bear a striking resemblance to those of the Hobart, and I know Hobart used to make the Kitchenaid mixers. Can you use any of the Kitchenaid stuff on a Hobart?

Hi,
   I have an N-50.  I had to buy the attachments.  I believe the bowl and attachments are different dimentions.  I went thru this whining about the prices also.  Mine had some though and the bowl.  You can find some of these on Ebay if you watch.  You can call Hobart and talk to their tech guy who is VERY knowledgeable about this mixer, as well as a few more.  That's where I figured out I had to buy N-50 stuff.  Do a good search on Google once you get the parts numbers.  You can save a bit on who you buy from.

Les
---Les Garten--- Leave the gun, take the cannoli -- Fat Clemenza

A Pizza with radius z and thickness a has volume Pi*z*z*a