Author Topic: Authentic Neapolitan WFO - How to build -  (Read 70198 times)

slimank and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline texmex

Re: Authentic Neapolitan WFO - How to build -
« Reply #325 on: April 07, 2016, 02:42:36 PM »
Pizza oven door fabrication to your specs:
http://tetoniron.com/Pizzaovendoors.html
Reesa

Offline sub

« Reply #326 on: April 20, 2016, 05:40:16 PM »

Offline minn

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #327 on: May 03, 2016, 12:26:55 PM »
sadly my oven was dismantled in a week after built, neighbor complaint, and my wife forced me to remove it as the neighbors said the oven looks like tomb, the shape looks like a tomb. so, it's gone, I still feel painful, as I cut every brick my self. now, I have no choice but modify my electronic oven to make Neapolitan pizza, it is still under remodeling. what can I say, superstition? :'(

Offline minn

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #328 on: May 03, 2016, 12:29:17 PM »
just curious, there is a hole on the floor, is it designed to ventilate air for better combustion? I had similar idea, but didn't implement

Di Vicino pizza ovens

Offline texmex

« Reply #329 on: May 03, 2016, 12:36:17 PM »
sadly my oven was dismantled in a week after built, neighbor complaint, and my wife forced me to remove it as the neighbors said the oven looks like tomb, the shape looks like a tomb. so, it's gone, I still feel painful, as I cut every brick my self. now, I have no choice but modify my electronic oven to make Neapolitan pizza, it is still under remodeling. what can I say, superstition? :'(

minn, that is a very sad story.  Customs, superstition, causing you to let go of your dream.  It is so difficult to understand, but I have seen what fear and suspicion can do to people,  and some things are just not acceptable to some people.  You probably made the best decision for your family in your location, but I  feel so bad for you!
Reesa

Offline sub

« Reply #330 on: May 03, 2016, 02:51:39 PM »
just curious, there is a hole on the floor, is it designed to ventilate air for better combustion? I had similar idea, but didn't implement

The hole is for the gas burner.

Offline minn

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #331 on: May 04, 2016, 09:45:58 AM »
Hey, Texmex, really appreciated. today I modified my electronic oven, lift the stone closer to the upper element, installed stone made out of alluvial clay local, and just finished the first curing, looks like the temperature between the oven reading the stone surface very lose. I expect it might work out as expected. not a topic to talk here though, just share with you I am moving on. thank you very much for the nice word

minn, that is a very sad story.  Customs, superstition, causing you to let go of your dream.  It is so difficult to understand, but I have seen what fear and suspicion can do to people,  and some things are just not acceptable to some people.  You probably made the best decision for your family in your location, but I  feel so bad for you!

Offline minn

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #332 on: May 04, 2016, 09:47:44 AM »
ah, that's the purpose, great job ! :chef:

The hole is for the gas burner.

Offline sub

« Reply #333 on: May 22, 2016, 12:17:41 PM »
PizzaRé homemade oven: My wood stove ... The second ..., This time I did it big!

The Acunto cast iron door kit cost around 350 Euros.

Offline blu_in_green

« Reply #334 on: June 28, 2016, 09:37:58 AM »
What material is the door opening made of? Is it cast iron like the face plate?

I'm wondering if the metal is coated in something to prevent corrosion.

Online TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
    • Craig's Neapolitan Garage
« Reply #335 on: June 28, 2016, 09:59:48 AM »
I'm wondering if the metal is coated in something to prevent corrosion.

In my oven, the front seems to be painted with some sort of high-temp? paint. The portion inside the mouth is not protected and will rust.
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, commercial yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline Tscarborough

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Pizza Anarchy
« Reply #336 on: June 28, 2016, 07:16:11 PM »
It is probably stove black, Craig.

Offline ppzz

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #337 on: July 07, 2016, 04:51:17 PM »
Hey! Could you help me what is under the biscotto? I found that is sand, but it is black. Is it vulcanic ash/sand? And I also saw on some pictures they put salt under the tiles, is it necessary? One more question: what are the proper thickness for these layers under the biscotto? Thanks in advance!

Offline Balilla-vero

• addicted
« Reply #338 on: July 11, 2016, 03:19:06 AM »
Some impression from the Mario Acunto Manufactury in Naples...
 ;)
Fatte 'na pizza c'a pummarola 'ncoppa
vedrai che il mondo poi ti sorriderà

Online TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
« Reply #339 on: July 11, 2016, 09:05:54 AM »
Some impression from the Mario Acunto Manufactury in Naples...
 ;)

Do you know anything about the oven in the second picture? It appears to have different floor tiles and an extra piece of metal at the landing.
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, commercial yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  

Offline stonecutter

« Reply #340 on: July 11, 2016, 10:19:58 AM »
I wonder if the hearth tile is smaller as to avoid taking the oven opening apart for replacement.
When we build, let us think that we build forever.
John Ruskin

Offline sub

« Reply #341 on: July 11, 2016, 12:27:15 PM »
Do you know anything about the oven in the second picture? It appears to have different floor tiles and an extra piece of metal at the landing.

It's a bread oven: http://www.acuntoforni.it/gran-father/

Online TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
« Reply #342 on: July 11, 2016, 12:29:55 PM »
Thanks Sub! I didn't know they made that oven.

Offline stonecutter

« Reply #343 on: July 11, 2016, 12:56:20 PM »
Finally, a halfway decent bond on a build.
John Ruskin

Offline sub

« Reply #344 on: July 11, 2016, 01:56:31 PM »
Salvatore Di Vicino replacing a Biscotto floor.

Solo chi costruisce forni napoletani è in grado di effettuare un lavoro preciso ed impeccabile. Durante la sostituzione del piano noi cambiamo anche tutti i materiali che si trovano al di sotto, come la sabbia ed il sale. Spesso molte aziende usano dei tipi di sabbia sbagliata e quindi il calore invece di accumularsi si disperde.I nostri forni e il suolo che andiamo a sostituire sono famosi per la qualita di cottura della pizza ,infatti molti pizzaioli dopo aver sostituito il suolo notano che la pizza viene cotta in modo piu omogeneo rispetto a prima in questo modo aumenta la qualita della pizza stessa.

Offline parallei

• Supporting Member
« Reply #345 on: July 11, 2016, 04:56:29 PM »

Sub posted:

"Solo chi costruisce forni napoletani è in grado di effettuare un lavoro preciso ed impeccabile. Durante la sostituzione del piano noi cambiamo anche tutti i materiali che si trovano al di sotto, come la sabbia ed il sale. Spesso molte aziende usano dei tipi di sabbia sbagliata e quindi il calore invece di accumularsi si disperde.I nostri forni e il suolo che andiamo a sostituire sono famosi per la qualita di cottura della pizza ,infatti molti pizzaioli dopo aver sostituito il suolo notano che la pizza viene cotta in modo piu omogeneo rispetto a prima in questo modo aumenta la qualita della pizza stessa."

In case anyone is interested, Google Translate, with a few interpretations/corrections:

Only those who build Neapolitan ovens are able to do precise and flawless work. During the replacement of the floor we also change also all the materials which are located below, such as the sand and salt. Often, many companies use the wrong types of sand and therefore the heat instead of accumulating is dispersed(I think this means poor insulating properties).  Our ovens and the ground (I think this means the floor a subfloor materials)
we are going to replace are famous for the quality of pizza baking, in fact many pizza makers after replacing the ground note that the pizza is cooked in a more homogenous manner than before and in this way increases the quality of the pizza itself.

Offline Balilla-vero

• addicted
« Reply #346 on: July 12, 2016, 12:15:37 AM »

Yes, it's a bread oven, it is build as a tunnel an designed to bake bread 24/7
Fatte 'na pizza c'a pummarola 'ncoppa
vedrai che il mondo poi ti sorriderà

Offline MartyE

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #347 on: July 12, 2016, 01:36:24 PM »
Finally, a halfway decent bond on a build.
Stonecutter can you elaborate on this? I know little about brick work and I would like to understand what the terminology bond means and what are the components of a good bond.

Offline stonecutter

« Reply #348 on: July 12, 2016, 04:18:43 PM »
Stonecutter can you elaborate on this? I know little about brick work and I would like to understand what the terminology bond means and what are the components of a good bond.

The way Ive used the word Bond refers to the overlap of bricks as the courses are laid up.
John Ruskin