Author Topic: convection ovens  (Read 10056 times)

Offline jiminvegas

Re: convection ovens
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2008, 05:58:12 PM »
Hi all this is my first post here..I have been using my convection oven for several years to make pizza..the one thing I seem to do different than most here is I use a pizza stone... @ 450 for 9 minutes I get near perfect pizza everytime.
This is as close as I can get to a brick oven in my home..

Offline ctimmer

• Just let me have one more pizza and then I'll quit
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2008, 06:35:07 PM »
jiminvegas

What type of pizza do you make?

Offline Jah

« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2008, 05:56:58 PM »
Hi all this is my first post here..I have been using my convection oven for several years to make pizza..the one thing I seem to do different than most here is I use a pizza stone... @ 450 for 9 minutes I get near perfect pizza everytime.
This is as close as I can get to a brick oven in my home..

I too have a convection oven (Gaggenau) but will hold off posting too much about it until I have a chance to make proper dough from the recipies here...I'm waiting on some product.  I use a pizza stone but have not had good results with crisping the bottom with my Mario Batali pizza dough recipe and KA All Pupose Flour.  Again, I will hold off, but am a bit concerned as there is no lower coil to kick in...and the convection is always on.

Offline ctimmer

• Just let me have one more pizza and then I'll quit
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2008, 09:24:47 AM »
I use a pizza stone but have not had good results with crisping the bottom with my Mario Batali pizza dough recipe and KA All Pupose Flour.

I thought about using a cover over the pizza. A protected air gap over the pizza should somewhat negate the convection effect on the top allowing the pizza bottom to brown properly.

My guess is that a convection oven causes the pizza top to cook much quicker while only minimally affecting the bottom.

Curt

pizzapan