Author Topic: Bosch Universal Plus  (Read 2325 times)

Offline Pizza_Not_War

Bosch Universal Plus
« on: August 30, 2008, 02:05:41 AM »
Shown below is a picture of the center shaft of the Universal bowl. Notice the gap between the two parts. Anyone else have a similar problem with the bowl on a Bosch? Old dough dries inside until it decides to drop into the latest batch.

Thanks

PNW

Offline apizza

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
Re: Bosch Universal Plus
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2008, 04:32:19 PM »
I have a Bosch and looked at the bowl. There is a gap and I suppose dough has gotten in there. Usually when I see the dough start to ride up the shaft I stop, and scrape it down.

I wish the stainless, no shaft bowls, were cheaper because I'd like to try one.

Offline pwaldman

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 06:19:07 PM »
Just checked out mine and have the same gap.  I haven't noticed any old dough staying in there though.  When I turned it over it looks like a replaceable part since it appears to snap in.  You could try to release it from the column and try a different position for a tighter fit.

Pete

Offline Pizza_Not_War

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 07:31:18 PM »
Just checked out mine and have the same gap.  I haven't noticed any old dough staying in there though.  When I turned it over it looks like a replaceable part since it appears to snap in.  You could try to release it from the column and try a different position for a tighter fit.
The part does indeed snap in, I figure if I try to remove it I will snap it off and be stuck. Seems like it could use a silicone gasket between the pieces. I am emailing the company that I bought it from but it seems like everyone has the same gap and therefore I am either stuck with it or will have to return it.

The old style no shaft stainless seems to require some extra customer supplied feet to keep it from rocking around. Would also most likely invalidate the warranty on the unit.

I am really surprised at the fit & finish of this German made appliance. I thought they were known for precision and tight tolerances in design and manufacturing. Maybe I am confusing them with the Swiss or Japanese companies.

PNW

Offline Pizza_Not_War

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2008, 04:30:42 PM »
I love the Bosch mixer for the quality of the dough it produces in a very short time. I received a series of stupid replies to the questions I had about the bad fit of the top part of the bowl.

My solution is a simple 30 second procedure. Take 6 Popsicle sticks and wedge them underneath the tabs that attach the top part of the bowl to the main bowl. Then use the shaft inserted from the wrong side and a quick pull separates the two pieces for easy cleaning.

PNW