Author Topic: Help! Need King Arthur Sir Lancelot flour in bulk!  (Read 3357 times)

Offline husker3in4

• Crazy for Pizza
Help! Need King Arthur Sir Lancelot flour in bulk!
« on: February 13, 2012, 03:05:05 PM »
.. and cant seem to find it without paying an arm and a leg. 4 years ago I was able to order a 50lb bag for $38 shipped. Now the cheapest I can find online is around $70 delivered. Anyone have any online links that have this flour for under $50 shipped to Omaha, Nebraska?

Or better yet, anyone in my local area know of a place in town to buy it locally? Ive checked all the grocery stores, no luck..

I made a couple of pizzas for a co worker and he has been raving about it to the rest of my co-workers who now want me to make up several pizzas to bring to work - which I have no problem doing, except that i dont have enough flour left!

Any help is much appreciated :)

Offline TXCraig1

Re: Help! Need King Arthur Sir Lancelot flour in bulk!
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 04:22:53 PM »
Have you called your local foodservice distributors (Sysco, etc.) to see if they will sell it to you at will call?

Just out of curiosity, have your tried your recipe with KA Bread Flour?

Craig
Pizza is not bread.

Offline husker3in4

• Crazy for Pizza
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 04:57:37 PM »
I have tried with KA bread flour, it turns out "ok" but just not as good as with the KASL.

I will try the local food service distributors.

Offline deb415611

• Supporting Member
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 05:10:01 PM »
Have you tried King Arthur's website?  There is a place that shows professional flour distributors by state (this is not the regular where to buy section).  I'd look at that and if there are any near you give them a call to see if they sell to the public.  If they don't they might be able to tell you of a pizza place of bakery that they sell to that could sell you some.

Offline dmcavanagh

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 05:42:25 PM »
I wouldn't fret over finding Sir Lancelot, unless I was making bagels on a regular basis. Sir is a bit TOO strong IMO for NY style. And TOO expensive. A good bread flour will make an excellent pizza.

Offline Bob1

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2012, 06:42:47 PM »
Here is a link from a while ago.
http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,9464.0.html

Here is a link for a distributor in your area.  I just called a local supermarket and had it delivered there.  It was $4 more for a 50# bag and saved me the long drive on my second purchase.
http://www.discoverbulk.com/StoreLocator.aspx

I seldom use it anymore but it was all part of the experience.

Bob

parallei

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2012, 09:43:58 PM »
husker3in4,

Can't help you with your immediate needs. However, if you're ever down here in Denver, I can turn you on to a baker that will sell you 50 lb sacks of KASL.  He's a bit proud of it, like $35.  Also there is a mill in Platteville Co (just south of Greeley) that does cash and carry on 50 lb sacks of their organic or convention high gluten flours.

pizzapan