Author Topic: Re: Source for Caputo Pizza Flour in the Washington, DC Area  (Read 4757 times)

Offline 62pizza

Re: Source for Caputo Pizza Flour in the Washington, DC Area
« on: September 07, 2008, 07:03:23 PM »
  I have been looking caputo pizza flour in the washington dc. area,can anyone help.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 07:09:46 PM by Pete-zza »

Offline Hops099

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2008, 01:16:00 PM »

I'm in the area and have not seen Caputo Flour in any of the "major" supermarkets (Giant, Safeway, etc.).

I'm about half-way through my second order of Caputo; I've bought from both the Forno Bravo and Sur la Table sites.  A quick Google of either of these two will get you there.

Hope this helps.

Offline Wallman

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2008, 08:35:17 AM »
I've also never seen it sold around here. You can order repacked bags from Penn Mac, http://www.pennmac.com/, in Pittsburgh.

Offline jimd

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2008, 09:54:29 AM »
There is an Italian/Gourmet market in Bethesda called, I believe, "Cornucopia". It has a nice selection of Italian foods, although the prices are a bit on the high side.

The proprietor does stock small bags of Caputo flour (approx 5 pounds, I think). I don't believe it is the Pizza flour, but the proprietor indicated that it makes a great pizza. I have not yet tried it. The store is located on Norfalk avenue.

Good luck and please let us know if you try it and how it works out.

Jim

Offline Fingerstyle

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2008, 10:54:07 AM »
  I have been looking caputo pizza flour in the washington dc. area,can anyone help.

Not sure, but I'd first try
http://www.italianstore.com/index.html
- 3123 Lee Hwy Arlington VA Phone:    (703) 528-6266 (good meats and cheese)
or   
Marchone's Italian Deli  11224 Triangle Ln, Wheaton - (301) 949-4150 (great cold cut subs)
"... I say we ride some gravity." - Patrick Rizzo http://vimeo.com/1654340

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2008, 02:23:16 PM »
www.pennmac.com in pittsburg sells a 50# or 5 lbs rebag. They are great people and they understand and love us Pizza fanatics.If your nice a also order some of their other tpmatoes etc.. to build up the order the will help out with shipping as well very happy I found them. Yes through this site!
John
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline jimd

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2008, 02:15:05 PM »
Stumbled upon a source of Caputo Pizzeria Flour in the DC area. There is an Italian style market called "Vace", which has two locations, one in Bethesda and one on upper Connecticut Avenue in DC. Yesterday I visited the Bethesda location to pick up some Mozzarella and was surprised to see small bags of Cuputo flour on the shelf. The bags were red and labeled "The Chef's Flour". There is a picture of a pizza on the label, and I believe I read that this flour from Caputo is, in fact, the same as the Pizza flour. The bag was about 2.5 pounds and cost $2.50. They had about 6 bags on the shelf (now 3).

Jim

Offline jat255

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2012, 03:19:31 PM »
I realize this is an old thread, but in case anyone is still looking, I can confirm the Vace's is still stocking the little 1kg bags of Caputo flour. Just picked some up this week and can't wait to use it!