Author Topic: Need a focaccia recipe please.  (Read 2511 times)

Offline Squirrelman

Need a focaccia recipe please.
« on: September 12, 2008, 06:48:49 PM »
 Hey, I tried a recipe I found on here last week but it didn't come out right, I have part of a recipe from my last job, I liked the focaccia a lot but I never made it myself, only the dough and I don't know how the toppings or how it was baked or anything, Not even sure how much it was proofed before baking but it usually had crushed roasted peppers mixed right in the dough and I think Parmesan cheese on top. Here is what little I have of the recipe, I think it's all the ingredients that go in the dough, minus the peppers but I really don't remember, it's a commercial size recipe though, I need a small recipe. If anyone Can work around this recipe it would be great but I am willing to try other recipes if not.

first off this is the recipe I tried last week:

Ok I made this one up last week and it turned out great. (For my first try)

3 Cups KABF
1 C Warm Water
2 tsp ADY
2 TB Light olive oil
1 tsp Kosher salt
1 TB Sugar

Roll out in a retangle shape. Put on a greased cookie sheet, cover with olive oil. let it rise until it's doubled in size (Hey I'm poet too)
Top with a healthy amount of kosher or sea salt, dried italian seasonings and chopped fresh rosemary. (Important)
Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.

cut into squares and serve with EVOO and basamic vinegar.

enjoy

Leigh

and here is my recipe from work, though I only have KA bread and all purpose flour, no high gluten.

3 gal water
8oz cake yeast
9 oz salt
12oz sugar
9oz olive oil
49 1/2 ib high gluten (pretty sure we just used 50 ib though)

, If possible a recipe from start to finish would be good since I barely remember how to mix it and I have no idea how to bake it, the last 1 I oiled the pan and the dough and baked it at 350 for about 20-25 mins. The focaccia I remember was pretty airy and breadlike. thanks for any help.

oh and are you suppose to use lite evoo or regular? I used regular last time and it seemed ok. Also the peppers I used seemed to be very bland, I don't remember the brand though, might have been calonna.

Edit: oh and to be more specific we made 2 types of focaccia there, 1 we mixed the roasted peppers in and the other we did the same dough recipe minus the peppers and it was topped with onions, idk what they did with the onions though, might have been caramelized or just put on plain idk.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 06:53:31 PM by Squirrelman »