Author Topic: Grande Cheese  (Read 11937 times)

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Re: Grande Cheese
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2008, 03:47:23 PM »
Peter,

Was there a reason why you didn't just use the amount of water reported at NutritionData.com?

- red.november

November,

I started with the Grande data but when I saw that it did not specify the amount of water I tried to calculate it along the lines I mentioned. It then occurred to me that I might be able to get a good overall feel for the water content of whole-milk mozzarella cheese from the nutritiondata.com website. I simply applied the same calculation method. Now, in retrospect, I can see that it would have been easier, and maybe more accurate, to use the water percent from the nutritiondata.com data. 

Peter

Offline johnnytuinals

« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2008, 09:02:29 PM »
Geeeeeee I have only started making pizza's for the past 6 months....
I know I have saved Lots of money by making them myself....
And I started off with the Grande Brand,,,,,I was going to use stella
from my locals samsclub but I felt if I want to do it right let me buy the best chesse....
Its not that high in price....
With Grande East Coast Blend diced,the price was $83 a case of six 5lbs bags.(thats less then $14 a bag}
Yep I frezze it and it still taste great when ever I need a bag....
I am afraid to try any other brands of chesse knowing that Grande is the best to use......

Offline scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2008, 01:27:05 AM »
don't be afraid.  It melts the best, but there are many other brands with better flavor.

Offline johnnytuinals

« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2008, 01:57:19 PM »
Well I am sure there are better chesse then Grande somewhere.
But since I first starting reading this site over 6 months ago,the people were saying
grande was the best.....
And I felt that there was a local distributor about 60 mins away.....
Its funny that I spoken to a few pizza restaurants and NONE used Grande and all said to was to expensive.
Now I don't know what chesse they use but their pizza is not that bad at all.....Just wondering if Grande would make their pizza better????Jt

Offline scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2008, 06:58:26 PM »
not necessarily.  Grande is very popular with slice joints in NYC because the pizzas are made in advance and a slice is reheated when the customer orders one from the 20 or so pizzas that are on display.  In this situation nothing can touch it, but if you are eating your pizza hot out of the oven right away it may not be an improvement.