Author Topic: 13% flour, 20 lbs for $7.50... fully organic.... am I missing something?  (Read 313 times)

Online mitchjg

• Supporting Member
The protein content is 11.3%.

If you look at this pdf, you can see it the specifications for protein/ash/moisture, blah blah.

You have to line up pdf pages 8 and 9 to see it.  They are meant to go together in one table.  I tis the 3rd row on page 9.  Should have held up for awhile to get the betting going.

http://www.beatriceco.com/pdf/CM0509%20ConAgra_Mills_Brochure.pdf

Online scott123

11.3% of a 30g serving is 3.39 g protein.  There's no way they're rounding 3.39 up to 4, so that can't be correct.

But, I do agree that the protein on this is most likely low.  I never said it wasn't.  I was just trying to convey the futility of calculating protein content based on a nutritional label, not speak to the protein for this specific flour.

Offline Aimless Ryan

• Snarky
...for $7.50 full organic sounds nice

Sometimes organic just doesn't mean much. It's still flour. Even if they made it mega ultra totally organic, it would still be flour, and there is no flour on this planet that is remotely good for you. Our bodies did not evolve with flour (or any grain) as a regular part of our diets. We are exactly what we've become because of things like this, and our bodies have no need for flour. Our immune systems interpret it as an invader.

Offline TXCraig1

If you look at this pdf, you can see it the specifications for protein/ash/moisture, blah blah.

You have to line up pdf pages 8 and 9 to see it.  They are meant to go together in one table.  I tis the 3rd row on page 9.  Should have held up for awhile to get the betting going.

http://www.beatriceco.com/pdf/CM0509%20ConAgra_Mills_Brochure.pdf

Pages 6 and 7 as numbered.
Pizza is not bread.

Offline TXCraig1

11.3% of a 30g serving is 3.39 g protein.  There's no way they're rounding 3.39 up to 4, so that can't be correct.

It says 11.3% min not average.
Pizza is not bread.

Online mitchjg

• Supporting Member
True.  But, probably close.  If the 4 grams per 30 is accurate, then it would have to be at least 11.7 (on the average?).  Staying on the low side of the bet - I think it would be hard to find someone on the other side. 8)

Offline TXCraig1

Yes, and I'd guess the average is pretty darn close to 3.5g/11.7% which is where I was going when I asked if anyone wanted to bet.
Pizza is not bread.