Author Topic: Pizzaboy Compact  (Read 4812 times)

Offline uk1

Pizzaboy Compact
« on: October 02, 2008, 02:11:33 AM »
With the constant desire for higher temperatures at an affordable price and within a domestic footprint, my googling finger has found an oven called a Pizzaboy Compact, model M or D (mechanical or digital) 35/8 and the IR verion ie D35/8ir. I've asked for prices.

Can anyone shed any first hand knowledge of these please?

http://www.pizzagroup.com/scripts/getfile.php?id=71&filename=M35/8.pdf

Offline scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!
Re: Pizzaboy Compact
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 03:15:30 AM »
I have had my eye on them for a while since first spotting them on ebay.    I called the california importer and the price was high!  Let us know what you get for a quote.  I am assuming you are in the UK?

http://www.gourmetpizzaexpress.com/products.html

Offline uk1

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 03:29:20 AM »
Hi,

Yes I'm in the UK and I was primarilly attracted by the size!

Why, or why, are there not a dozen or so ovens to choose from for the serious home pizza cook that reach a minumum of 400?  I'm happy to have an oven that's roughly the size of a large microwave and costs the same as a top-end MW.  There must be a large market.

I'll certainly post the uk price.

Offline uk1

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2008, 05:07:16 AM »
Thanks, very much appreciated.

If the number of potential ovens is narrowed to singles and the depth no more than 600'ish then the options seems small. The Lincat LPO which quite frankly doesn't seem that serious an option as 300 degrees doesn't represent any great advance over the Giles and Posner stonebake I have. The other one that I liked the look of when I started was the Lincat PO89X.  The problem is the 740 depth.  In practical terms it cannot be much more than 600'ish to fit on a domestic counter.  The Kingfisher model 4336/1 seems small enough but the temp range max's at 320.

Perhaps if anyone can point to any potential ovens that are single level and no more than 600'ish deep no more than 400 high (width almost irrelevant but possibly no more than 700'ish) then I'd be really grateful.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 05:12:25 AM by uk1 »

Offline uk1

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2008, 09:05:10 AM »
Let us know what you get for a quote. 

I'm not suprised to report back that the UK distributor of this product is so busy and rich that the price of the product is a closely guarded secret (it isn't published on their website) and they do not respond to customers who ask for it's price.

I wish my business could survive with such a philosophy.

I guess I'll remain uncharred-pizza-less.

Offline cbaoth

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2009, 02:03:44 AM »
I've been looking at that pizzagroup oven too. It seems ideal, claims to able to hit 430C, yet small enough to fit it a domestic kitchen. My only concern is the fact I only have single phase 230V mains and from the pizzagroup website's datasheet, the oven is 3-phase powered.

The manual from the american importer's site show it just being hooked up to a single phase, neutral and earth on page 13. But the question is whether you can do that on a model sold here in Europe. And yes, the first I did when I read the datasheet was to email the manifacturer, but they can't be bothered to reply apparently.  >:(

Oh and uk1, if you're still interested I found a company in Germany on the google that carries the digital line and appears to ship to the rest of the EU
at www . pizzaoven . eu . Click on the 'Pizza÷fen Compact Line m. ActiveStone' link ... only challenge is they appear to only want to sell Companies.

(ARGH stupid board won't let me include links. :/)

Offline cbaoth

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2009, 06:15:52 AM »
Oh forgot to add: I've seen a lot of references to the oven on this board lately, but not any posts of by anyone who has actually tried one. So if you've used one I'm sure there's plenty of people who want to hear... good or bad. ;)

Offline rockabilly

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2010, 01:38:16 PM »
my area's distributor is having an open house this week so I hope to check it out in action, I will report back. In the USA the importer is Gourmet Pizza Express out of LA

Offline rockabilly

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2010, 05:47:57 PM »
I went to a restaurant that had one of the ovens and they let me check it out. They have had it since May and say they love it. Looks like a solid unit and I had them make me a pizza to check it out. They use par baked crust and fresh toppings and I have to say it works nice, I usually hate mushrooms because they seem dry at alot of places but the oven kept them moist enough and made the thin crust as good as any place I've been at. He did say he had one problem with the on/off switch and had to have it replaced. it was under warranty but he had to pay the labor which was $200 otherwise he said he's really happy with it and he'd buy another one. I also have a sales rep meeting w/ me on Friday to demo one so I will report back to you more after that.
Cheers-
Curtis

ps- they were using the 110 13" version
 gourmetpizzaexpress . com