Author Topic: Pinch of Cayenne Pepper  (Read 3560 times)

Offline Randy

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza, a great Lycopene source
Pinch of Cayenne Pepper
« on: January 07, 2005, 06:36:17 AM »
Anybody else use a Pinch of Cayenne Pepper in their pizza sauce?  To me it adds to the tomato flavor.

Offline Trinity

• Extra cheese please!
Re: Pinch of Cayenne Pepper
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2005, 08:17:13 AM »

Well not yet,,, I've just started on my own pizza sauce experiments.
                          (More to come on that!!!!, Soon!)

But I learned very young from my Pop's that crushed red pepper taste's great on cheese pizza. :)
It's an Earth food. They are called Swedish meatballs. It's a strange thing, but every sentient race has its own version of these Swedish meatballs! I suspect it's one of those great universal mysteries which will either never be explained, or which would drive you mad if you ever learned the truth.

Offline Gils

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2005, 02:35:26 PM »
Yes I have.  I liked it. It added a bit of zest to the sauce without powering out the flavor like black pepper might.   Used to make a pizza in the parlor that was called a TNT. Used a standard red sauce & cheese base on a thin crst.  Add Pepperoni & green peppers and sprinkle liberally with cayenne pepper. Was one of our featured top 5 pizzas and customers loved them.

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2005, 04:07:40 PM »
The Penzeys pizza seasoning mix includes cayenne pepper.  It's the last item on the ingredient list, so there perhaps isn't much of it in the seasoning to really stick out.

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2005, 09:50:21 PM »
I add red chile flakes to my sauce