Author Topic: On The Menu Contestants battle to create a new pizza.  (Read 297 times)

Offline nick57

• Supporting Member
On The Menu Contestants battle to create a new pizza.
« on: October 17, 2014, 03:30:29 PM »
This will air Friday Oct 17th. at 7pm central time zone. Never seen this program before. Looks like they will try their hand at making a California pizza.

Offline mkevenson

• Lifetime Member
  • Roos! Protector of Fowl
Re: On The Menu Contestants battle to create a new pizza.
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2014, 05:15:17 PM »
This will air Friday Oct 17th. at 7pm central time zone. Never seen this program before. Looks like they will try their hand at making a California pizza.

What network?
TNT
Mark
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 08:09:42 PM by mkevenson »
"Gettin' better all the time" Beatles

Offline nick57

• Supporting Member
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2014, 09:18:46 PM »
Sorry, it was TNT. I even edited the post but somehow missed it. It was OK. They had to make pizzas that would be good enough to be added to the California Pizza Kitchen menu. The contestants  did not have to make the dough, I guess they used pre made California pizza dough to make the pies. It was interesting to see the variety of toppings. The winner seemed a little introverted, I think winning helped her self esteem. I liked the idea of every one of her pies they sold, some of the profit would go to a good charity.

Offline mkevenson

• Lifetime Member
  • Roos! Protector of Fowl
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2014, 01:16:37 PM »
I turned in channel surfing. The contestants opened the dough quite well.
Way too many toppings. 20 ingredients in the winning pie. Thought they would reject that one cause of the complexity.
Mark
"Gettin' better all the time" Beatles

Offline nick57

• Supporting Member
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2014, 05:49:23 PM »
All the pies were top heavy. I did not see anything I would go nuts over. I would have hand stretched and knuckle stretched instead of trying to toss the skins. I wonder what the oven temps and cook times were. I don't think I would watch a rerun of this episode. I don't usually watch cooking challenges often.

pizzapan