Author Topic: Where can I get Grande East Coast Blend?  (Read 1780 times)

Offline Upstate Pizza

• "8 Slices of Heaven"
Where can I get Grande East Coast Blend?
« on: October 21, 2008, 09:30:09 PM »
Hi. I'm new to this forum and have seen many people talking about Grande East Coast Blend and was wondering where I may be able to get it. I live in Upstate NY (Saratoga Springs- about 200 miles north of NYC) and have never heard of this brand of cheese. I love pizza (eating & making) and I make anywhere from 10-20 pizzas per week for myself and friends. I have always had good luck with Sorrento whole milk which I buy in 5 lb. blocks at BJ's but I am dying to try this Grande brand that many people on this forum have mentioned. Please help.

Offline Kemosa

Re: Where can I get Grande East Coast Blend?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2008, 09:10:16 AM »
You're not likely going to find it in a a retail store.  Look in your local phone book under Food Distributors.  Locally I have one about 30 minutes away that specializes in Italian foods distributing to mainly Pizzerias.  You could also call pizzerias in your area to see if they will sell to you.  Be prepared to buy in bulk either way.  Last option is mail order.  Try PennMac.com where they sell Grande products.  Shipping shouldn't be too bad to NY and I believe they sell 5 pd bags.  Good luck.

Offline johnnytuinals

Re: Where can I get Grande East Coast Blend?
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2008, 09:40:49 PM »
PennMac.com
Geee they want $25 a bag plus shipping yukkkkkkkk
yep try a food distriibutor in your area and get a case of 6 Five lb bags for under $100...
My distributor told me fri that not many people know about the
Grande East Coast blend in DICED...
They all are buying the chesse  in Shredded form....
I like DICED because it melts better in a home oven,,,but I can be wrong.
The chesse happens to be the best that I know of,,,,but others will tell you differant...Jt