Author Topic: Woodfired pizza  (Read 2412 times)

Offline diamondinvest

• I Love Pizza!
Woodfired pizza
« on: October 28, 2008, 05:39:12 PM »
Hi board,

I have a newly constructed outdoor pizza oven. I expect to run it at approx 480-500 degrees centrigrade. I want to make neapolitan pizzas using a neapolitan pizza dough. I want to make the dough in the morning for a party that evening. I was going to use a 1kg maximum per time bread machine and use the dough setting to mix up the dough. Its a matter of putting all the ingredients in at the beginnning and then letting the machine go through its cycle. I am using a pizza flour mix that appears to be slightly stronger than a 00 pizza flour. It seems to be more of a hybrid flour. It does not have protein or ingredients on the labelling.
What do you recommend for a recipe for the pizza dough based on this for a 1kg mix. Im happy to use fresh yeast.

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
Re: Woodfired pizza
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 08:35:50 AM »
Diamond ,
Congrats on the new oven ! What type, manufacturer?  any pics? I know you will enjoy . I am prepping already for the pizza party this Saturday. Hope you enjoy it.
I am just starting to  experiment (after finding this site) with  the different  dough formulations. Pete-zza, Steve or Bill could probably give you an exact formula for the style you are looking for. or point out many threads with that style for high heat.  When I started out I used the simple Forno Bravo dough recipe at www.fornobravo.com and it worked out fine for me. Or just read thru one of the million wonderful threads here and you are sure to be happily confused and come up with some great dough. Oh, do the overnight thing if possible to me that does make a difference as noted all over this site.
Have fun
John
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline diamondinvest

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2008, 06:57:41 PM »
Here are some pics

Offline diamondinvest

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2008, 02:29:57 AM »
any comments :D

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2008, 08:04:50 AM »
Looks Like it cranks up nicely Have you found a dough recipe you like yet? heres my finished oven
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com