Author Topic: Thin & Crispy revisited  (Read 1934 times)

Offline ctimmer

• Just let me have one more pizza and then I'll quit
Thin & Crispy revisited
« on: November 02, 2008, 03:37:12 PM »
I have never been able to make the 'Pizza Inn' style pizza (http://www.pizzamaking.com/pizzainnstyle.php) with only 3/4 cup of water called for by the recipe. Mixing with my Kitchen-Aid never quite worked. It was just to dry to be usable, forcing me to use a full cup.

While making my weekend batch of dough, the food processor (Cuisinart) was already out so I decided to try it for the first time. I put all of the ingredients (except the flour) as called for in the recipe and let it sit long enough to see that the yeast was working. The flour was added and blended for 30-40 seconds. It turned out great, just as described in the recipe.

I had quit docking the dough because it was never needed. This time I had problems with dough bubbles while baking.

One thing I plan to do differently next time - after the food processor has run just long enough to blend the ingredients, I am going to scrape the sides of the food processor bowl with a spatula, there was a little unevenness in blending. This may not be a problem if the flour is put in first.

Curt

Offline Jackitup

Re: Thin & Crispy revisited
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 04:24:50 PM »
I've found that the food processor works the best for the low hydration cracker crusts too. I do use the dough docker though otherwise sometimes it will want to puff up like a pita, just don't over dock. 1 time across, covering the dough, 'not' back and forth several times works the best allowing smaller bubbles to pop up.
Jon
Save A Cow, Eat A Vegan....Totally Organic And Hormone Free!!