Author Topic: Cash n Carry South Florida  (Read 3332 times)

Offline les_garten

Cash n Carry South Florida
« on: November 15, 2008, 12:55:40 AM »
Hi,
   Looking for a Resource for Ezzo, Grande, KASL, in West Palm "Area".  Anybody with any resources down here?  I've been doing PennMac, which is good, it would be nice to avoid the shipping.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 12:58:56 AM by les_garten »
---Les Garten--- Leave the gun, take the cannoli -- Fat Clemenza

A Pizza with radius z and thickness a has volume Pi*z*z*a

Offline Shotgun682

Re: Cash n Carry South Florida
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2008, 12:18:34 PM »
If you are able to get into Restaurant Depot There is one in Pompano Beach and another in Davie

RestaurantDepot.com

They carry Escalon and Stanislas products.. Many different cheeses.. Sorrento, Polly O

You will need a card to get in.. Maybe you know someone in the business that can take you there?

Try inquiring at the Depot about getting a card. They may be more relaxed in Florida

The place is HUGE.. They sell big cans and case lots. You will have to buy at least 5lbs of cheese and #10 cans of tomatoes but it is worth it. Here they had fresh boneless chicken breasts on sale for $.99 a pound but you had to buy a 40lb box. If you do find someone to get you in have them sign you up for a card (free) and you are set
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 12:20:29 PM by Shotgun682 »

Offline les_garten

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2008, 03:13:44 PM »
If you are able to get into Restaurant Depot There is one in Pompano Beach and another in Davie

RestaurantDepot.com

They carry Escalon and Stanislas products.. Many different cheeses.. Sorrento, Polly O

You will need a card to get in.. Maybe you know someone in the business that can take you there?

Try inquiring at the Depot about getting a card. They may be more relaxed in Florida

The place is HUGE.. They sell big cans and case lots. You will have to buy at least 5lbs of cheese and #10 cans of tomatoes but it is worth it. Here they had fresh boneless chicken breasts on sale for $.99 a pound but you had to buy a 40lb box. If you do find someone to get you in have them sign you up for a card (free) and you are set

Hi Shotgun,
   Sounds VERY interesting.  Unfortunately I don't know anyone in the Restaurant biz.  Rats!  Sounds like the Sam's club of the restaurant business. 

Offline Shotgun682

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2008, 04:10:51 PM »
Call them

You may just need a resale or business certificate..Maybe ANY business

It is worth a shot

Offline les_garten

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2008, 04:31:47 PM »
Call them

You may just need a resale or business certificate..Maybe ANY business

It is worth a shot

Hmm,
   I was just looking over their site online and the membership area.  I don't have a resellers license.  Double RATs!

Offline Shotgun682

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2008, 06:22:20 PM »
Hmm,
   I was just looking over their site online and the membership area.  I don't have a resellers license.  Double RATs!

Anyone you know?

Friend, Relative, Neighbor?

I am almost positive that the membership is FREE.. Once you get a card you are good forever.

Offline les_garten

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2008, 10:07:46 PM »
Anyone you know?

Friend, Relative, Neighbor?

I am almost positive that the membership is FREE.. Once you get a card you are good forever.

Yeah, it's free.  I'll keep my ears open if I run into anyone who can help a bro' out!

Offline pjbear05

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2009, 08:25:20 PM »
No luck farther south in my area les (W. Hollywood/E. Pembroke Pines, but I have had a couple bright spots.

The local Albertson's sells KABF in 5 lb bags, and that works ok for me.

For the rest of the supplies, do you have an Italian market in the area?  I have a branch of Doris' Italian Market not far from me, and while I do use a lot of things already put together, this branch  has fresh mozz and other cheeses, 6-in-1 tomato products, spices, meats, etc. Good produce and butcher section. And to finish your meal, ice creams, ices, and a stare and drool baked goods section-best cannoli and tiramisu in town.  Give it a shot.

"Aw, Paulie?  You won't see him no more!"

Offline les_garten

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2009, 08:50:53 PM »
No luck farther south in my area les (W. Hollywood/E. Pembroke Pines, but I have had a couple bright spots.

The local Albertson's sells KABF in 5 lb bags, and that works ok for me.

For the rest of the supplies, do you have an Italian market in the area?  I have a branch of Doris' Italian Market not far from me, and while I do use a lot of things already put together, this branch  has fresh mozz and other cheeses, 6-in-1 tomato products, spices, meats, etc. Good produce and butcher section. And to finish your meal, ice creams, ices, and a stare and drool baked goods section-best cannoli and tiramisu in town.  Give it a shot.

Hey!
   I can get great Fixin's in the North Palm Beach area.  But it's $$$$.  I'd like to find a place to get Grande Mozz at Pennmac prices locally.  I don't know anyone in the rest biz to get to the distributers.  I can get fresh mozz and Bufala Mozz reasonable, it's the grande I wish I could source cheap Locally.  Sorrento is available cheap at the Publix, but I goy my wife hooked on Grande Mozz and Provolone!  I've been using KA All Purpose, she doesn't like the KABF.  I did like the Caputos I got from Pennmac.  I would also like to try KASL.  Thanx for the shout out!

Les

Offline Deacon Volker

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2009, 10:07:35 PM »
Re: Restaurant Depot, yep, membership is 'free', you register on-line but you do have to show proof of restaurant ownership, a copy of your business license or tax id, to pick up your card on your first visit. 

Offline les_garten

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2009, 12:17:13 AM »
Re: Restaurant Depot, yep, membership is 'free', you register on-line but you do have to show proof of restaurant ownership, a copy of your business license or tax id, to pick up your card on your first visit. 

Yeah, slight problem, I don't own a restaurant!  Least I didn't last time I checked!

I did think about opening a Pizza place though.  With the ingredients I use,

I was going to call it, "The Most Expensive Pizza in Town"

Kinda Catchy!!

Offline pjbear05

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2009, 10:02:21 PM »
The one thing about Publix that has me P.O. is they stopped selling their Wisconsin Brick cheese years ago.  I used to mix that 50/50 with Sorrento Whole Milk Mozz for my pies, and now that I've doing more Detroit style, that would be perfect.

I have a GFS store close by me that I picked up a large deep round pan for Chicago style, but that was way before I got on the board, and never though to check there for supplies.  I give it a look this weekend and let you know.

Offline les_garten

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2009, 10:34:55 AM »
The one thing about Publix that has me P.O. is they stopped selling their Wisconsin Brick cheese years ago.  I used to mix that 50/50 with Sorrento Whole Milk Mozz for my pies, and now that I've doing more Detroit style, that would be perfect.

I have a GFS store close by me that I picked up a large deep round pan for Chicago style, but that was way before I got on the board, and never though to check there for supplies.  I give it a look this weekend and let you know.

Hi,
   Never used the Wisconsin Cheese before.  What is a GFS Store?

Les

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2009, 10:42:02 AM »

Offline pjbear05

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2009, 12:00:36 PM »
OK, the GFS strore in Hollywood was a bust.  Bulk flour and bulk mozzarella, and mostly in house brands,  No components for sauce or proper meats.  Good if your buying big bulk amounts, just not the right stuff for pizza.  Back to the drawing board. :(

Went back to the local Italian store, who now stocks Margherita Pepperoini, and picked up my meats, cheeses and sauce.   :D
« Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 12:04:31 PM by pjbear05 »

Offline les_garten

« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2009, 12:12:52 PM »
OK, the GFS strore in Hollywood was a bust.  Bulk flour and bulk mozzarella, and mostly in house brands,  No components for sauce or proper meats.  Good if your buying big bulk amounts, just not the right stuff for pizza.  Back to the drawing board. :(

Went back to the local Italian store, who now stocks Margherita Pepperoini, and picked up my meats, cheeses and sauce.   :D

If you are ever up around Palm Beach Gardens, on PGA Blvd to the East is Carmines's Deli.  They have a tremendous NY Style Deli there.  Bufala and Freash Mozz, Great Tomatoes, Grana Padano, etc.  They are not Cheap!  These are Snowbird prices. 

Not what I'm looking for, just thought I would mention it.  I'm looking for Grande Prov and Mozz at Good prices since that's what we've settled on. Ezzo Pepperoni  would be a plus also, since I have to maol order it also.

pizzapan