Author Topic: Have you seen the new My Weigh KD-8000?  (Read 11367 times)

Offline Blasthoff

Re: Have you seen the new My Weigh KD-8000?
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2009, 07:35:32 PM »
Hello all, I came about this thread during a search on scales a week ago. I  recently became serious about bread baking and I have to say stumbling on to this forum has sparked an interest and I will be returning often and exploring the knowledge contained in here.

Back to the scale issue. I decided to get the KD-8000 with the understanding I would  continue to use my small 500 gram pocket scale for small amounts of yeast and salt. It just can't be expected to have one size fit all over such a broad weight range. However, having both scales now covers any accurate weighing need up to almost 18 lbs. The percentage option makes tweaking or repeating the moisture ratio in dough  about as easy as it can get and more then makes up using a second scale for minute quantities. Everything else about this scale leaves nothing to be desired, seriously.

You can get this scale right now for about $38 from Old Will Knott scales.

Offline heliman

« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2009, 11:34:59 PM »
This is a really great all round scale for the price (thought the finish is rather rough in certain areas).

I use the KD-8000 together with a small scale that measures .1 of a gram and that supports all my weighing needs.

I have played with the baker's percentage fucntion, but do all my calculations on a spreadsheet beforehand so could probably do without it really.

Overall I give it an 8/10. I am amazed that it has a 30 year warranty. Handy but I will be baking pizzas in the old folks home at that stage so probably won't enjoy that benefit!!!! :-D

Rossco

Offline Madmax

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2010, 02:41:11 PM »
Just ordered the KD-7000 yesterday....can't wait to give it a go.  I have been relying on volume mesurements and "feel" of the dough to make my pies.

I also have 5 gallons of Pale Ale that I bottled a few weeks ago, that will be tasty too....

Offline veloboy

« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2010, 02:11:49 AM »
My scale was in the process of crapping out so I ordered the KD 8000. Mr UPS man dropped it off today. This scale rocks the Casbah. The bakers percentage feature does work great and is pretty damn accurate for the few little tests I've done. Anyhow, just wanted to share my two cents.

Offline mayersob

« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2010, 11:39:17 AM »
After reading all the posts I am still confused. Will the KD-8000 tare each ingredient in the % mode without emptying the bowl. I would like be able to add all the ingredients using my 6quart kitchen aid bowl from scale to mixer.