Author Topic: Pizza Places With Conveyor Belt Ovens?  (Read 874 times)

Offline chickenparm

• Oh No,Not Pizza Again!!!
Pizza Places With Conveyor Belt Ovens?
« on: November 22, 2008, 09:13:47 PM »
Ive now learned to avoid them places that cook in those ovens like the plague.I reside in KY and cant believe that hardly any pizza places around here cooks with a traditional deck door oven or even knows what a peel is.
(I grew up in NY so Im a bit hard to please when it comes to pizza,I admit that.)

I drove 60 miles to try Pizza I never had before,and I seen they had the conveyor oven when I walked in.
 ::)

Decided to try it anyways...As predicted,Pizza was awful,crust tasted no better than Tony's frozen pizza.Every place that cooks on these ovens all have the same terrible crust and burned cheese.
  >:(

They place em on screens and let them go through a conveyor oven that takes the longest time to cook and has the worst tasting crusts I ever had.Maybe its called American style,but man,is this becoming the norm with new places and new chains?

Next time I go try a Pizza place I never had,Im gonna call ahead and ask them what kind of oven they have.If they use a conveyor belt oven,Im not gonna go.Theres not alot around here so its usualy a long road trip anyways.

I know if I were to ask if its american or ny-napo style crusts,the teenage HS droids on the phone probably wouldnt know what Im talking about anyways.
 :-D

« Last Edit: November 22, 2008, 10:36:31 PM by chickenparm »
-Bill