Author Topic: My first 2 Minute pizza using 2stone  (Read 3850 times)

Offline pizzajam

• I Live On Pizza
My first 2 Minute pizza using 2stone
« on: June 28, 2008, 09:13:06 PM »
Hi all, i bought a 2stone oven and it is an amazing invention. Props to the genius Willard! I can't post a movie link here but here's the url

www dot vimeo dot com / pizzajam

Its so cool just seeing the dough rise like that in front of your eyes. I used to make pizza in my oven and the pizza was so-so. I can't afford a thousand dollar+ brick oven and after so much searching i found the 2stone on these forums.

Dough recipe in baker's percentage:

100% Bel Aria tipo 00 pizza flour
63% water
0.3% saf instant dry yeast
2.73% trapani sicilian sea salt

5 day cold rise

I'm getting caputo flour next wednesday, so i'll let you all know how that works out.

Offline 2stone

• Lifetime Member
    • 2stone blog
Re: My first 2 Minute pizza using 2stone
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2008, 11:25:36 PM »
Pizzajam,

GREAT looking pizza. Good to see you are up and running. I see you unloaded the pizza
like a real pro too! We are all looking forward to seeing your Caputo pics also.

Here is the link to the video you posted:

Regards,
Willard
2Stone blog: www.2stoneblog.com

Offline sourdough girl

• First the bread, NOW the pizza dough!
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 03:52:21 PM »
pizzajam!
That pie looks REALLY good!  And, you're only just getting started!  Look at those lovely, large holes in that crust shot!!  Are those jalepeno rings I see under the cheese?  Looks DELICIOUS!!

The 2stone oven is the way to go... DH just finished getting mine set up over the weekend, so I'm just getting started as well (made my first test "appetizer pizza" last night) and am looking forward to even better in the future!

Please keep us posted on your progress... I'd love to see more pics and videos to inspire me!  I'm really glad that Willard let us all in on the development of his product via the pizzamaking.com forum!  And that's exactly what it's all about...  making better pizza in a home setting!

~sd

Never trust a skinny cook!

Offline Fillippelli the Cook

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2008, 03:53:08 PM »
Very nice looking indeed. You can definitely get the right crust and char with it, that's for sure. That's the one thing we just can't get in our oven on the pizza stone. I've been thinking about a long-term project, buidling an outdoor pizza oven, but geez this would be much easier! :D

Offline sourdough girl

• First the bread, NOW the pizza dough!
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2008, 04:24:10 PM »
Very nice looking indeed. You can definitely get the right crust and char with it, that's for sure. That's the one thing we just can't get in our oven on the pizza stone. I've been thinking about a long-term project, buidling an outdoor pizza oven, but geez this would be much easier! :D

Fillippelli the Cook,

I've never had pizza from a home wood-fired oven... I imagine there's a difference cooking with wood vs propane... but the best thing about the 2stone is the HIGH HEAT!  You can't get that with a standard kitchen oven!  I HEARTILY RECOMMEND the 2stone oven!   8) 

It was DH's birthday yesterday... and he requested PIZZA for his birthday dinner for the first time!  He, too, is sold on the 2stone and the pizzas I can produce with it!  The biggest difference is the wonderful spots of char and that crispy veneer that hides a soft, delighfully chewy interior!  He now eats every last crumb of each slice... with chain pizza, the crusts sit on the plate. 

Yes, you could build a pizza oven... for lots of $$ and time... but you can set up the 2stone in an afternoon and have pizza that night!  And, the price is right, too!

~sd

Never trust a skinny cook!

Offline bdshort

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2008, 09:36:03 AM »
Wow, that looks amazing!  Once I have space for one of these, I think I may just look at getting one.  Certainly easier to keep and maintain than a wood fired oven.  Maybe not as classical but for < $1000 and no labor, I don't think I'd mind.  It's better than an electric oven anyway!

Offline scottfsmith

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2008, 08:05:06 PM »
BD, I still can't get over how amazing the 2stone is and I am one of the original purchasers.  I recently made some 100% whole wheat pies with 1/4th whole grains in them, topped with cheese peppers and onions.  Exxcellent!!

Scott

Offline dzpiez

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2008, 12:09:55 PM »
2stone is the way to go, and 100% Caputo pizzeria flour is a must.  I need to figure out how to post some pictures, they are too big.  Oh, and Willard is the man. 8)

pizzapan