Author Topic: Favorite has-been pizza  (Read 1798 times)

Offline pizzaluvr

• Rush 2004 2nd row!
    • Seeburg 220 jukebox
Favorite has-been pizza
« on: January 12, 2005, 08:50:47 AM »
I'll cast the first vote with a vote for Shakey's.  Back when I was a kid in the '70's, Shakey's had everything a kid wanted:  Hot, crispy, pepperoni-laden pizza; giant pitchers of Coke; pinball machines; cafeteria-style seating; a window where you could watch them make the pizzas; an overhead tv projector; a player piano.  They changed their format in the early '80's to a more typical-style restaurant with booths, instead of long tables with stools.  Ruined the ambience. >:(
"Bring me four fried chickens and a Coke"......
  "And some white toast..."  Jake & Elwood

Offline Nathan

• Supporting Member
Re: Favorite has-been pizza
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2005, 05:06:08 AM »
My vote is for Little Caesars.  And no I am not talking about the "pizza pizza" Little Caesars that most people think of when hearing that name  :-X.   I've mentioned this a couple times on this board before but it sounds like the same type of place you described with long tables (there was 3 that ran the length of the dining area with really heavy short stools to sit on).  They had an awesome oven with a window that had stools in front of it for kids to watch them make pizza.  They also had several video games in there.  This was in the late 70's and we used to go in there at least once a week. 

Man I miss that place  :'(
"Pizza with pineapples?  That's a cake."